atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RUSS K. DSU II options turned off - 03/12/21 01:35 AM
I was out today on a DSU II that I installed years ago. The operator wants to forward her phone to a different room when she is not at her desk. Told her to go into the display menu, CFWD, etc. all that stuff. When she goes to CFWD, gets a busy. I am trying to remember, but I think that that option was turned off. In the manual it says to reverse those options, to default it. Today I logged in with the PC and thought I could bring it back, but can't find re-enable. I do have a backup of the DBase on my PC, but if I default it, that means that I need to reprogram it from the start by hand, and I think I'll be opening a can-of-worms.

Is there a way to re-enable the CFWD option without a full re-programming? Anyone run into a situation like this. It's amazing, but I still remember most of the codes to program it from the phone.

Thanks for any input.
Posted By: sundance Re: DSU II options turned off - 03/12/21 01:51 AM
Hello Russ

Try asking Admin RATHER BE FISHING, he very good with Comdial!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DSU II options turned off - 03/12/21 07:30 PM
If call fwd has been denied system wide it is in program 29 feature 15. To deny personal call forward is program 29 and feature code 33. Or in program 29 you could dial 34 to enable all features. Curious if it is just the operator position.
Posted By: RUSS K. Re: DSU II options turned off - 03/13/21 12:07 AM
Thanks RBF:
I was in the manual the other day, and know it is PGM 29, F15. Knowing that it was off, I tried F15, but it didn't come back on. There is a BSS console attached, and no lights changed. Kept reading further, and all the manual says is to do to turn them back on is to default the system. The original boss didn't want anyone to use CFWD, but use VMail instead, that's why I turned it off. The only one that need the feature is the Operator, but being allowed for everyone else isn't an issue. I didn't see the Feature 34 listed in the manual. I will certainly give it a try. Really don't want to reprogram the entire system.

As for your last part of the question, it is also disabled for everyone else. About 2 years ago, I installed a CID-04 on the system, and I couldn't get it to ignore the first ring, but just left it alone, since it rings the Auto-Attendant. But I saw that that feature could also be disabled. That's probably why that didn't work either.

Will see what happens.

Thanks again.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help