atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: intrajm Comdial DXP Plus T1 Static - 11/28/22 06:32 PM
I have a three cabinet DXP Plus with static on the 2 T1's on Cab 1 and Cab 2. This static or clicking only occurs on the T1 incoming/outgoing calls. I have changed the cards and still static. There is no static when calling station to station or checking voicemail. The T1 circuits have worked fine for over 7 years. They did change vendors. After changing vendor, it worked fine for a period of time. Then I got a call regarding the static. It sounds like static or a clicking when accessed. The vendor checked the circuits and said everything is good. I asked if they did any upgrades or changes to the T1 and they said no. So now trying to figure why static clicking only occurs on the 2 T1's. I did turn off cabinets 2 and 3 and check the cab 1 T1 and no change. I also removed the T1 card on cabinet 2 no change. Any suggestions? No program changes have been made to the DXP.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Comdial DXP Plus T1 Static - 11/30/22 03:58 AM
If it were my project I would replace the DXP SRV-PLS board. These were known for funky tones and static when they went south.
Posted By: intrajm Re: Comdial DXP Plus T1 Static - 12/07/22 09:08 PM
Thanks, that was my next step. I went out yesterday and replaced the DXP SRV-PLS and the Sync card. Unfortunately, it did not get rid of the static. This static is only there when either of the 2 T1 circuits are access. T1's are handled by the same vendor. Static worsens when an incoming and outgoing call is established. All internal calls are nice and clean. Accessing voicemail on internal calls is good. When an incoming call goes to voicemail it is complete static. I did change the circuits on the T1 to only use channels 1-12 to see if maybe a channel issue was the cause. Static was still present. The static started on day after a power loss. AT&T checked the circuits with the vendor. Looking to see what other options are available. My next step is to build an abandoned DXP system that was used at the site before the DXP PLUS was installed. Then test the T1s to see if the static still exists. Any comments would help.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help