atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Butt sets for sale (collectibles) - 03/06/06 12:25 PM
I have two AT&T "dog bone" butt sets with a built-in modem and terminal screen that were used by Bell technicians back in the 1980's. I originally bought them thinking I could use the terminal/modem for system programming, but it's not what I thought.

Both are new, with all batteries, adapters, cord sets and manuals. The cords are absolutely perfect.

One is the traditional yellow one with the joystick screen navigator. There is a 1" scratch on the face of the display screen that occurred when I had it on my belt and I bumped into something. It was used for about a week.

The other is the black deluxe (XL) water-resistant version with a push-type navigator control and a true on-off switch. It has never been used other than to try it out. It also has a hard plastic case with foam inserts to carry it.

Both of these are really more collector's items for Bell System enthusiasts/historians than realistic butt sets. They have a lot of value to me for this reason, but I just need to make some room. Before I hit e-bay with them, is anyone interested in either of them?
fire me off some pics please
Posted By: Bob3470 Re: Butt sets for sale (collectibles) - 03/11/06 05:38 PM
ED how about putting some of those old rubber ones out here with the samll dial.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Butt sets for sale (collectibles) - 03/12/06 05:06 PM
sounds like an old craft set...been a while since I seen one of those
ed, what do you want for them?

i am interested..
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Butt sets for sale (collectibles) - 03/16/06 10:08 PM
Crash:

Sadly, they are on e-bay now. I really wanted to sell them within the family. They are both listed under "Butt set" and I use the same screen name there; I am not hard to find. Thanks for your interest here and I would have much rather sold them to people here, but I needed to get them out of here. Here are the links if you want to get in on the bidding:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7599770194&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7599779720&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
Posted By: Louie 619 Re: Butt sets for sale (collectibles) - 03/27/06 11:58 PM
Thanks for offering here first! wink
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help