atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: justbill Dimension 100 pbx - 02/27/07 01:10 PM
Have a customer that has one of these taking up space. PM or email if you'd like a list of packs that are in it. He's willing to sell as unit or packs if that's what's needed.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 02/27/07 08:52 PM
Bill I saw a console for one in the Smithsonian.
eek
And I have a MAAP panel for it. laugh
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 02/27/07 09:50 PM
I also have a complete warehouse shelf of cards and two ECTS cabinets available for sale that were part of a Dimension 400. In addition, I have some MET sets for use behind an ECTS or Horizon station card. Maybe we can all band together to provide someone with a very reliable switch. Talk about the good stuff.
Posted By: justbill Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 02/28/07 06:36 AM
They were very reliable, they were also large in size. I haven't seen any around here still in service, that would be who may need some spare packs.

Larry I couldn't find the MAPP, but I know it used to have one when inservice. I installed it, well, many years ago.

Not holding out a lot of hope, finding someone needing this, or the parts. Just trying to help out a customer.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 02/28/07 07:56 AM
Gotta ask. What is a MAAP Panel?
Posted By: justbill Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 02/28/07 08:06 AM
What you programmed the Dimension with. Plugged into an AMP adapter on the front of the main cabinet.
Posted By: Renoed Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 02/28/07 08:10 AM
Maintainance And Administration Panel Jeff
Many of the Motel 6 locations still have the old
dimension cabinets on-site, seems nobody wants them
and many locations consider them as hazardous waste.
What a shame for an excellent system.
Posted By: Mr. Telephoneman Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 03/16/07 05:54 PM
Im certified on the Dimension 400, Horizon, and 2000 pbx.
Its about as worthless as my Comdial Executech II certification. Renoed is correct as to the meaning of MAPP. My first experience with PAM AND TAPE BACKUP.
(PULSE AMPLITUDE MODULATION)

This system operates on the infamous 'Flux Capacitor" because it needs one point twenty one gigawatts to power this behemoth. hahaha!

I was 20 when I worked on this system and it was my first certification. Im 42 and you geezers are really showing your age knowing about this thing.

Smithsonian? Thats funny right there!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 03/16/07 06:27 PM
Horizon covers make good covers for rack mount channel banks. Probably something to do with same era?
Mr. Telephoneman, we, the geezers, at least learned to keep our hands out of places that were 'shocking' after only 1 or 2 bites!:-)
John C.
Posted By: yzark40 Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 03/17/07 11:11 AM
Hey ED, is there anything you don't have ?. :bow:
Posted By: Ambisagrus Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 04/20/07 11:47 AM
I can't believe that the Dimension 2000 PBX is still being discussed. I recently was discharged from the Navy, and I received my Dimension 2000 certification while in. I know the Navy still uses the Dimension 2000 on many ships (always behind the curve!) Good to see it's still being talked about. Always liked Dimension better than Difinity.
Posted By: michaelm Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 08/25/07 10:52 PM
I have a carton full of Dimension manuals, and a couple of operator-type consoles. Any interest?
mm
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 08/26/07 03:14 PM
mm, 10 years ago I sold a bunch of Dimension manuals, installation paperwork and other 'stuff' to a manual reseller. The ONLY reason he bought it is that I described it as 'Four feet of Dimension manuals, install info and etc'. Curiosity got the best of him. (I believe that was right before he went bankrupt! smile ) John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Wellco Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 08/29/07 05:42 AM
Hmmmm Let's see "change field 1 enter, 9 enter, clear data execute...Used to solve everything!!!
The 100's do make great boat anchors....
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Dimension 100 pbx - 08/31/07 12:04 PM
I remember serving in the Army stationed in Panama.. There were Dimension 2000's at each base with a Tandem Dimension in Corozal.... AT&T came in and put in a 5ESS. I remember having to help with the cutover trying trace cable pairs, tagging pairs, installing equipment locations and all that stuff. At the time, I was not caring too much for doing that kind of work, it is only today I thank my lucky stars I got to work on projects and equipment such as the Dimension. Having that knowledge now is priceless especially when having to wipe some CCIE nose when there is a basic Telecom issue....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help