atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Al Dukes Mitel SX-5 - 09/25/07 02:47 PM
Years ago I bought, sold and installed a two line Mitel SX5 switch. That was a great little unit. Would love to find some now. Anyone got any I can buy?

Al Dukes call
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mitel SX-5 - 09/25/07 04:31 PM
Al wasn't that the 1 that had modules for the stations and you plugged any ol' s/l phone into it? The modules were actually the IC numbers? That way, typical home daisy chain wiring was no problemo. If that's the one, I think Mitel tried to recall them, problems with the station modules, as I recall. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Mitel SX-5 - 09/26/07 06:06 AM
No, that was the Entrepreneur. The SX-5 is a scaled down 10 that uses the same trunk modules and SLICS.

Carl who is not parting with his 5
Posted By: ipofficeguy Re: Mitel SX-5 - 09/26/07 06:52 AM
I've got a sx-100 laying around if you wanna pick it up and play with it. wink
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Mitel SX-5 - 09/26/07 12:13 PM
Wow
https://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/sx5.htm
Posted By: Al Dukes Re: Mitel SX-5 - 09/28/07 08:26 AM
Jeff found the right unit. It worked great, easy to install, and to my knowledge is still being used some 20+ years later. I have lots of Mennonite customers and it[s perfect for their application on their farms. I connect all of their greenhouses, house, shops, and barns for intercom and transferring calls. The SX5 was cheap and would buy as many as I could get my hands on. Problem is I cannot find them anywhere. Please keep me in mind if something does show up.

Thanks,

Al Dukes call
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Mitel SX-5 - 09/28/07 04:31 PM
The problem is that a Panasonic TA-824 has more features than the 5 and it sells for about 1/2 of what the 5 sold for new.

Yabbut your OPX extensons are only fed with 24 volts. Outside of that, the box is smaller, it can grow larger, and it is easily programmed.

I keep the 5 because I have a 10, Super 10 and 200 in inventory and the trunk cards are compatible with the 10's.

Just a thought.

Carl
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help