atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hey guys. Been building up an Asterisk system, and I'm looking for some T1 hardware. My Asterisk machine has a number of T1 ports available, and I would like to make use of them. I'm sure someone here has a Avaya (Lucent) Partner ACS T1 card and/or channel bank hardware around they aren't using. The T1 module would really clean up the wiring to the KSU, and the channel banks would help support my growing collection of vintage/antique phones.

Hit me up via PM if you'd like to unload any of this stuff to me.

Really like the ADIT-600 channel banks because of the small form factor and high channel density, but open to anything that works with the standard ESF/B8ZS framing/coding with CAS. (I think my asterisk interfaces will support Pri/Bri, but channel associated signalling is just way easier.)

Thanks for looking!

CR
Hey Chris!

A few things about the T1 module:

It wasn't very common.
It required Partner ACS PC Administration software for provisioning.
The module supports only 16 voice channels (9-24). 1-8 could be used for data if a CSU/DSU was installed between the LSP interface and the T1 module.
I checked ebay and saw four modules listed.
I saw them. I figured I'd see if anyone here had one before I sprung for one on ebay.

I was aware I needed the PC admin software. I have it.

All my lines come off a channel bank now anyway, I figured I'd simplify it a little. Asterisk will let me set up the span any way I'd like, so the fact that it doesn't use the first 8 channels is not a big deal. I'd be curious to know why they set it up that way, with the first 8 for data rather than the last 8. I'm sure there's a logical reason.

I have two four port T1 cards in my asterisk machine. I'm certainly not lacking for available channels. smile
May have 1, I'll check.
How much on Ebay ?
Range between 55 and 70, with one oddball outlier asking an insane 250.
Made a deal for an ACS T1 module. Looking forward to experimenting with it. -Not looking forward to finding an XP machine to run the software.

Still on the hunt for a channel bank. All the cheap ADIT's on ebay are gone. Was looking at Adtrans. Any opinions on the TA-624? Saw a few, looks like they do more than I need, I just want the 24 voice channels.
Made a deal for an ACS T1 module. Looking forward to experimenting with it. -Not looking forward to finding an XP machine to run the software.

Still on the hunt for a channel bank. All the cheap ADIT's on ebay are gone. Was looking at Adtrans. Any opinions on the TA-624? Saw a few, looks like they do more than I need, I just want the 24 voice channels.
Look for an Adtran TA924. It's a great channel bank that's fairly simple to configure. It also gives you 4 T1 ports, 2 of which can be PRIs.
I used to install Newbridge Mainstreet 3624 channel banks. Pretty simple to program. thumbsup
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help