atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jeremy28648822 Anyone on here need an old laptop? - 06/14/22 12:32 AM
Hello all, I have an old Dell 8200 laptop that I would like to rehome to someone that could actually use it. I used to be a bench tech for phone equipment (for King Technologies, for anyone interested), and when that place closed I kept my old laptops in case I started working on phone equipment somewhere else; I know how handy a laptop with an actual parallel port and serial port are, as well as a working CD-ROM and floppy drive. I've ended up doing something else, so this is just taking up space honestly. It's not worth selling, but I hate to throw it away, so I thought I'd check here. I'm just looking for the cost to ship it, or if you happen to live in the west Tennessee area I can meet you and give it to you. I can provide pics if interested.
Maybe nobody needs it, and that's fine. Even after 8 years out of the business, phone techs still kinda feel like my people, you know? So I thought I'd try here.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Anyone on here need an old laptop? - 06/14/22 01:02 AM
If it has the old Java program I could use it. The older Transtel systems can't be programmed with the newer version of Java. I think the older version was back in the XP days.
Sorry, it doesn't seem to have Java. Granted, it's been a while since I messed with XP, but it doesn't show up in the add/remove programs list.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help