atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mastas DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/20/04 03:17 PM
Have 2 keysets hooked up to the DLI card. The LCD shows correct data and the dcs can be programmed from the keysets, but there is no tx/rx either from the speakerphone or handset. I checked the SLI phones and they work fine. Any suggestions? This system was working fine last year and when we went to boot up the system again, this happened.

Any help much appreciated.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/20/04 04:32 PM
Have you tried different ports on the dli card?Not sure what you mean by the sli phones work ok? or do you have an sli card and it works fine.Is the problem on internal and external calls?Never seen it before but if you have more than 1 dli card do they all have this problem or just 1 card?
If it's not a big deal try defaulting the system and starting over see if a default cures it.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited May 20, 2004).]
Posted By: mastas Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/20/04 05:22 PM
We have 1 DLI card...tried different ports on it with no luck...to further elaborate, theres not even a tone when the handset or speakerphone is off hook. When I manually key in the trunk, I can hear the pbx click and I can dial out...again I hear no dial tone, ringing, etc. When the party picks up..I can't hear anything from them...and the only thing they can hear from me is if I key numbers.

when I said SLI phone..I meant phones hooked up to the sli card.

Can the DLI card be malfunctioning? I've cleared the memory..reset the system and reset the DLI card...but no luck..
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/20/04 07:29 PM
I would guess that the Dli card could be faulty but can you use the intercom? If not I would say try another Dli card.
Posted By: mastas Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/20/04 07:56 PM
Intercom? you mean the speakerphone? or is that a seperate feature? if they are the same then yes...i get no tx/rx from the handset and intercom...
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/21/04 04:50 AM
Do you have any call keys programmed on the key sets, you can't even call a keyset unless it has a call key programmed.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/21/04 06:15 AM
By intercom I mean station to station.If you defaulted the system then you should have a call key by default on the digital keysets but can you call from station to station?I still think you have a bad Dli card ,have you tried all 8 ports on it?
Do the digital phones show an extension number on the screen when idle?

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited May 21, 2004).]
Posted By: mastas Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/22/04 06:02 PM
Yes, the system does have a call key...

The analog phones can call station to station with no problem. In fact everything hooked up to the SLI card is functioning normally. The digital keysets have no tx/rx audio either through the speaker or handset, station to station or accessing a C.O. line.

The digital keysets show an extension...in fact, everything seems to be functioning normally with the exception of tx/rx audio.. I've moved ports with the same results with the exception of the new ext # showing up on the LCD.

I was assuming that it was maybe a bad DLI card, but I had a local tech come in and check it out...He looked at some MMCs and even swapped out the DLI card to no effect. He didn't have time to do extensive testing which leaves me where I am now... Now that he confirmed the DLI card is fine.. I'm being lead to believe its some MMC I'm missing. I have the programming manual, but to the life of me I can't figure out which one it is...I tried #807 and maxed out all the volumes, but that didn't do anything (other than raise the volume on all the beeps)...I've tried #805 (tx level)..but I get an invalid program code, so I'm assuming this MMC doesnt exist in this software. I'm about to scroll through every MMC and see if theres a program that is not listed in the manual I have.
Posted By: phonman123 Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/23/04 06:10 PM
Have you cleared all memory on the system, a complete restart. This will put you to a "beginning" default. At this point all should work. If not then we from there. If anymore trouble,e-mail me. This can be fixed.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 05/23/04 09:53 PM
What about moving the Dli card to a different slot in the ksu?If you try that default the system again and let us know.
Posted By: bullseyecwe Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 07/28/04 01:16 PM
Try a Card preinstall before and after you put the card in the system. Sometimes it works. Think it's MMC 806.
Posted By: mastas Re: DCS-no DLI tx/rx - 08/25/04 10:38 AM
NM it was a bad exp a card. It's really sad when someone like me, with no training and no experience in this type of equipment can troubleshoot better than some of these idiots that advertise in the phonebook as being Samsung "experts".
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help