atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PCCS Prostar 56ex/120mx programming question - 07/27/04 05:41 AM
Our very small nonprofit Chrisitan school was recently doanated a Prostar 56ex/120mx system (with package B software module) which I have just installed. I have encountered 2 problems, for which someone hopefully can provide guidance. (1) The NiCad battery on the main board appears to have met its useful life - I need the battery number and a source for same. (2) For some reason- only extension 201 on the system will ring incoming calls (I have verified that all programing options are set for all phones to receive calls). I am at a loss to remedy this problem (could it be the result of the discharged NiCad battery on the main board?). Any help on these items is appreciatyed! Thanks in advance. PCCS
Posted By: paul144 Re: Prostar 56ex/120mx programming question - 07/27/04 06:37 AM
It sounds like the system is in defalut programming. If the battery is dead, then all programming is lost when power is disconnected and the system is going back to default.
You can get the battery specs off of the battery itself. You just need to match volts and amps...
I do not remember if that is a solder in or not.
You might also want to consider an external computer battery back-up/ surge protector from an office supply store. One of those should be able to keep the phone system up for several hours.
This would allow you to avoid the hassle of trying to replace that battery.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited July 27, 2004).]
Posted By: aardvark Re: Prostar 56ex/120mx programming question - 07/27/04 06:58 AM
You will want to replace the battery because sooner or later you will need to turn the system off for something and a UPS won't help you then. As mentioned previously, the specs can be found on the battery. You can get a battery at Batteries Plus or try Mike Sandman @ sandman.com. I think the battery is a solder on but it isn't overly difficult. Plan on replacing the battery again in about 4 years.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paul144:
It sounds like the system is in defalut programming. If the battery is dead, then all programming is lost when power is disconnected and the system is going back to default.
You can get the battery specs off of the battery itself. You just need to match volts and amps...
I do not remember if that is a solder in or not.
You might also want to consider an external computer battery back-up/ surge protector from an office supply store. One of those should be able to keep the phone system up for several hours.
This would allow you to avoid the hassle of trying to replace that battery.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited July 27, 2004).]
</font>
Whenyou replace the battery, make sure it is the one on the CDM Module. The CDM Module is a smmaler circuit board on the main CPU. It is a solder battery. not hard to replace, probably harder to find the battery for replacement.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help