atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jonnydanger PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 08/27/04 02:29 PM
Hello.

I am having lots of trouble connecting my Samsung IDCS 500 to the PCMMC software(verions 2.04)

I have tried the direct connect using the SIO slot and setting the baud rate the same on both PCMMC/System. I keep getting some " Check physical link error"

I have tried using an IP address and using the company's network and I get the same error.

Can someone tell me if there is something that I'm missing here? Does anyone else ever have this problem? I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to get finally get connected using the pcmmc software.

I feel that I have tried everything.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Jonnydanger (edited August 27, 2004).]
Posted By: pvj Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 08/28/04 09:35 PM
The settings don't mean much if the cable isn't pinned correct.Have you double checked the cable?Does the cable work on other switches using pcmmc?
Posted By: Dan10 Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 08/31/04 04:34 PM
pccmc 2.04 has been replaced 4 times because of diferent issues including remote programing and local as well the first thing I would do is get officeServ manager wich allows you to connect to all releases and then try,if your problem is remote conectivity e mail me and i'll help you it took me about a year and a lot of calls to tech support but now it works 9 out of 10 times wich is good
By the way buy a straight trough cable(db9 to db9) and a null modem adaptor to disregard that its a cable issue

[This message has been edited by Dan10 (edited August 31, 2004).]
Posted By: mikeinvt Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 11/02/05 06:15 PM
Been awhile, but you have to match settings especially BAUD RATE for the system in MMC 804, set to port 1 8-N-1 /PCMMC spped is good at 19200. make sure that your Comm port on PC is set the same & plug into SIO port 2 on phone system IOM board.
If you want to produce a cable.....
IOM BOARD.........................PC
RXD 2......................pin 3com1 or pin2 com2
TXD 3......................reverse of above
GND 5......................5 or 7 com1/com2
DTR 4......................4 or 20
Com1= 9-pin (db-9 Connector)
Com2= 25 pin connector
Good luck!
Posted By: mikeinvt2237 Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/06/05 05:06 PM
Go to your laptop "Control Panel" goto Device Manager & verify the COM port # & baud rate settings in laptop to your Settings in link program....usally solves the problem. Good Luck! E-mail if null work for U.
Posted By: martinlyford Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/08/05 10:48 PM
Hey.

I don't mean to sound rude here but why does Samsung have to use such an unorthodox outdated Cable method? Why can't they use a standard USB or at very least a Null modem cable. Instead of using a cable that you have to build yourself?
Posted By: WRichey Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/09/05 03:25 PM
just buy a serial cable and a null modem adapter its will work fine
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/12/05 06:09 PM
wrichey, mikeinvt2237 and dan10 have it right! Current OSM is critical! You will have modifications/fixes. Verify the connections that you defined in the OSM to connect to the system serial port. Everbody should have a couple of null and straight adapters. For the cost vs time spent...easy troubleshooting
Posted By: WRichey Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/12/05 09:34 PM
welcome to the board grumpy welcome
If you jury rig battery cables you will have plenty of power between the PC and the KSU. Its always nice to have a solid connection.

Is that your prom picture richey? Did you crop out your old girlfriend because she's not in the picture any more?

I'm sure not going to post my picture and have you guys send Happy Birthday Great Grandma cards to me.
Posted By: WRichey Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/13/05 12:05 PM
:rofl: ..... ha ..... No
Posted By: Wkstill Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/15/05 02:00 PM
if you have a modem installed you could just connect to an sli port and dial ext 3999
Posted By: WRichey Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/15/05 05:26 PM
Hey good one I would not have thought to do that.

Then again if I am onsite I wont use the osm or the pcmmc I do it from the keyset, its faster.
unless I am working in the vm.
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/15/05 05:45 PM
I agree until you need a backup or have to do the famous "default" to clear weird issues. Loading from PCMMC will clear up some flakey things and if you have the Smart Media go bad...cheep, quick and insurance.
Posted By: Wkstill Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/16/05 07:11 AM
Originally posted by wrichey:
Hey good one I would not have thought to do that.

Then again if I am onsite I wont use the osm or the pcmmc I do it from the keyset, its faster.
unless I am working in the vm.
yeah, but programming lcr and did's are not fun with a keyset.. excel + osm = faster
Posted By: WRichey Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/16/05 06:57 PM
over time it all becomes easy tho I will admit that the did's are a little slow going :rolleyes:
This is a bonus from the manufacturer if you are on the customer's time. Now if you are on your own time on warranty, well its just quiet time away from your partner.
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/18/05 09:08 PM
I don't know maybe im'm getting old or senile...maybe both. If I had weird stuff going on in a system and I just couldn't pin it down I think I would make me a backup using OSM; default the system then reload it from the OSM. I have known some guys that have spent many hours chasing things that this fixed also you can tell Samsung you have done it that would cut a step for them.
Posted By: WRichey Re: PCMMC won't connect to IDCS 500 - 12/19/05 11:48 AM
Sure a back up is always needed but if you need to go onsite to fix it backing up then might just be backing up the trouble as well.

I am not saying the software is bad, I am saying however that being from the old pcmmc days it just wasent worth the effort. Now however all of that has changed and the new kids love to work in the software world, (nothing wrong with that) its just not what I preffer.

example : ten minutes setting up the pc
five to load the program
twenty navigating = 35 minutes

kmmc 815 30 seconds to punch
1.5 minutes to load

which is more cost effective. Now I am not starting a debate I am just saying programming at the phone is faster for me.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help