atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LisaG Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 11:17 AM
Hi- I went to reprogram my ringer for line one after our electric went out. I pushed the button for line one, got a dial tone, but when I went to hit the #key- I keep getting a busy signal, how do I correct this so I can reprogram the ringer? Thanks in advance if someone is able to help!!
Posted By: KENB Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 11:36 AM
go to post lower in questions and you will
see the keystrokes for ringing
title is 816 at receptionist about 5 down
also look at post below about single line phone not working
after you get past the answres on the single
line phon e you will see additional info about lines and assignment
it sounds like you lost most or all of your programming so look above at link fo r manual s for manuals plus
get a book on 816 pro star and email me with questions or i can talkyou throught on the phone

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited October 23, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited October 23, 2004).]
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 11:44 AM
Lisa:

Do your programming from the 4th station on your system. That is the default programming station and default main attendant station. Sounds as if your system has gone back to default and has lost all of its programming.
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 11:50 AM
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I will try programming it back from what I read in the previous posts as you suggested, but I have to admit- this is my husbands area of expertise and he wont be home until late this eve- I need my ringer working. I need to figure out how to get the busy signal off when I hit the #key, as it wont allow me to begin programming? I will try once more with these other instructions- if no luck will post back. Thanks again!!

------------------
Lisa
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 11:56 AM
Do I do the programming as if I were doing it from line one on station 4?
I have only had to do this once before, and if I remember correctly I was to hit #20-12341# then do I also hit #62 then line 1#?
Thanks!
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 12:01 PM
arrrgh, lol- talk about not knowing WHAT I am doing! I am assuming station 4 is the 4th line (button) on phone? If it is, it lights up green for a sec, then shuts off. I cant use that. And- Every time I hit # before using the numbers in front of me, I get a busy yet.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 12:24 PM
Lisa:

If you have never programmed a Prostar before, and you don't have the manual---then you may have to wait until your husband comes home. Do you have a Prostar phone that has a display on it?? If you do, then perhaps that is Station 4. You should have 8 line buttons above the key pad. Leave those alone. They are line buttons. To the left are your station buttons. Thos should correspond to all the phones that you have at your place-- but you probably don't have all 16. If you push the 4th button from the top, on the left---THAT should be the station that is the default attendant station. After pushing that button---listen to which phone is being made to ring. Go to THAT phone and do the programming. How many phones do you have on the system. Are they all Prostar phones?? Good Luck
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 12:30 PM
I was pushing the buttons above the keypad- oops... now my speaker button is flashing. Wow, this was easy when I reset it before. Ok, I do know where the station buttons are now that you said to the left and yes there are 8. We have 3 working phone lines in the house that I am aware of. One for home, one for our business and one for the fax machine. There is a number listed for the 4th phone line, but not sure if that is working or not? I will try again using the buttons on the left to program as you said in your last post. I hope I havent screwed things up even more now- hubbie will be upset . I will let you know if I have any luck. I do not have a manual or that would have helped. Ok, I will let you know if I have any luck this time. Thanks again.
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 12:46 PM
Forgot to mention that they are all prostars and yes it has a display on it, although the one used to reset the programming which is in the basement with a display on it: the LCD screen is blank. My other phones have the correct display on the LCD screen.

I push the 4th button down on the left side, all I recieved was a dial tone, no ringing- I still "TRIED" to hit line one, since that is the line that is not ringing and I still get a busy when I hit the # key. The busy with the # key is stopping me from doing anything.

speaker light is still flashing too. I cant get that off. Not sure what I have done- WONDERFUL [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Thanks again!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 12:47 PM
The intercom numbers are 21, 22, 23, 24 etc. In other words, the phone stations (NOT THE LINES) are : button 1(21) button 2 (22) button 3 (23) button 4 (24). Extension 24 (which is button 4 on all of the Prostar phones) is the extension that you progam at. Have you ever intercomed any of your phones? Have you ever talked station to station on your system?? You seem to be getting lines & stations mixed up. Don't worry about the lines. Do not press an outside line key before programming. Leave the line keys alone.
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:04 PM
Yes I have talked station to station, so I do understand- not to use the "line buttons" now [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] But- I still tried to use station 4 to reprogram and its not working out. when I push station 4 I get a fast dial tone-

And I was told to key in #20-12341 #62 then hit line 1- is that correct or wrong?
Can you walk me through what I am suppossed to key in after pressing station 4 and why it is I am getting a fast dial tone when I do push station 4? Sorry, I know I must be frustrating you, but thank you for trying to help me!!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:20 PM
Lisa:

You don't PUSH station 4---you GO to station 4. That is the ONLY station (phone set) (extension) that will allow you to program. All of the other stations (phones) (sets) do not allow system programming. No matter what you do---they will not allow system programming. That is why you have to determine WHERE station 4 is in your house. When you determine that---then GO to that station and program. Perhaps you can take a good display phone and plug it directly into your KSU --into station port 4. Do you have at least 4 phones on the system?? Now--this is assumming that your system is at default--don't forget.
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:21 PM
Ok- sorry... I get a "Beeeep" "Beeeep" each time I hit station one on the left or line one (not pushing the buttons above the keypad).

Second- the speaker light on that phone is still flashing, cant get it to turn off.
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:29 PM
Sorry I misunderstood you, considering I do not understand technical language very well :/, anyhow, YES I am using station 4, that is the phone we use to reprogram the other 3 phones in the house and station 4 is in our basement.

I am ONLY having problems with line one in my house- it wont ring.

The speaker button is flashing on station 4.

I cant believe I actually reprogrammed this phone before w/out probs and got the ringer going again- I dont know what I have done today. Sorry my technical language is not correct, because I am not explaining things properly and havent understood. I am getting there now though [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

So, what steps do I take on station 4 to get the ringer going on line one again, and do I need to worry that the speaker button is flashing on station 4 only?

THANKS- from a "dummie" lol.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:32 PM
To quote from the user guide

To forward your calls to another station or group
1. With the handset on hook dial #11
2. Press the DSS button of the station that will receive your calls
3. Dial #

Your SPK button will flicker as a reminder that you have forwarded your calls.

To cancel

1. With the handset on hook, dial #11
2. Press your DSS button
3. Dial # again. SPK button will stop flickering
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:42 PM
First let me thank you for trying to help me through this, you are being very patient and I appreciate that. I have 2 questions:

When I push the #key and I do NOT pick up the reciever I get a fast busy signal, and cant do anymore??

What does DSS mean? And when you say to hit # (I need to go back a re-read the numbers)- and to forward it to the line I want calls, do you mean to then hit line one on the left side?

Again, I apologize for not knowing anything about this system and have been asking so many questions.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:44 PM
Lisa:

1. If you are indeed at station 4 (extension 24) and you press the # key and get a reorder tone(beep, beeP)--then you either
a. are NOT at station 4
b. The system is not in default and the programming phone has been switched to another station.

If (a) is the case---then go to station 4 (extension 24) Find out by intercomming station 24 from your station.
or if (b) is the case---then go to any of your phones and press the # key. The programming phone (what ever station it is)will accept that as the first keystroke of programming. Then procede.
Are we havin' fun yet?? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:49 PM
DSS mean Direct Station Select---those are the buttons on the left side of your phone. If station 21 goes off hook, the first key (upper left) will light. To intercom station 21--push that key. To intercom station 24 push the 4th key from the top left going down on the left---1,2,3,4 etc to 8----the 9 or station 29) is the top button on the right in the 16 button section.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 01:57 PM
Lisa:

"and to forward it to the line I want calls, do you mean to then hit line one on the left side?"
I have no idea what your're saying here.
The poste about "call forwarding" has to do with the SPK lite flickering. I think you have call forwarded the phone---THAT is why your SPK light may be flickering. I posted that so that you could CANCEL the call forwarding. If you look at the keystrokes---it starts out with #.
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 02:28 PM
Well I am not sure what I am talking about now, lol.

I am not picking up the handset.
here is what I have done and hasnt worked:

With the handset onhook press #20 should say mmc disable then press 12341#. Then go #62 day ring assignment press line 1 button then press the button for the extensions you want to ring and #.

I am trying to get my ringer to ring on the phones in the house, which happen to be 3 of them, and its the ringer that calls come in on line one (line one above the keypad- just so I am not confusing you). I do understand what DSS is now and the stations.

Our phone used to program the other phones is the basement phone which I have been using with these codes. Do I have the wrong codes? I tried #11 in the order you said also, and nothing.

Is this fun yet, hahaha... oh yeah, I am having a blast, since I am "prostar illiterate!!"
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 02:32 PM
By the way- I noticed it should say MMC disable- I do not get a message of any type saying that?

Wow, it shouldnt be this hard.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 03:30 PM
Your're right---it really isn't that hard. If on your display set, you push the # key and do not get "programming" in the display, then you are not at the station #4---or this is not a prostar 816--or you are not at the attendant station---whatever it may be. If you don't at least get that---then the rest of the keystrokes are meaningless---because you are not in programming mode. After "20" is entered, you shoud see "MMC enabled" or "MMC disabled" But again. if you don't even see "programming", then something else is going on---and I have no idea what. Sorry.
Posted By: LisaG Re: Prostar 816 question - 10/23/04 05:05 PM
Well after all of our chit chat, my husband came home and fixed it. He said I had it written down properly, but I must have hit the wrong line or something. It was a bit dark down there, so maybe I wasnt able to view the LCD screen and a msg was coming up. At any rate our ringer is back on. Thanks so much for trying to help me, and being so patient with me!! I think I want to get rid of this phone system though, and go back to regular phones!! Lisa
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help