atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TimFreemanAus Connecting headset to KPDCS-12B - 10/25/04 03:40 PM
Hi,

I have recently purchased a second-hand DCS24 system which came with 4 KPDCS-12B handsets. I would like to connect a headset to one of the handsets and would like to know the following;

1. What type of headset/amplifier should I purchase.

2. How do I connect it (extra socket? or expansion module slot?)

Look forward to your input.
Posted By: pvj Re: Connecting headset to KPDCS-12B - 10/25/04 04:17 PM
Guessing you're in Austalia ?
With the North American phones you need a headset amplifier and top to make it work.
You connect it to where the handset normally connects and the handset plugs into the amplifier.It is also handy to have a headset key although you can turn the feature on/off with a code.That info should be in your user guide.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited October 25, 2004).]
Posted By: TimFreemanAus Re: Connecting headset to KPDCS-12B - 10/25/04 04:45 PM
Thanks for that, one more question;

I note that I can switch to headset using TRSF,100,21. Once the KDCS-12B handset is in this mode does the headset control the hook?
Posted By: pvj Re: Connecting headset to KPDCS-12B - 10/26/04 01:09 PM
Once you are in headset mode the hookswitch does not function.You then use the ANS/RLS button instead.
Posted By: TimFreemanAus Re: Connecting headset to KPDCS-12B - 10/26/04 02:46 PM
I assume then from playing with this a little more that you cannot use the speaker-phone when the handset is in "headset mode"?
Posted By: pvj Re: Connecting headset to KPDCS-12B - 10/26/04 05:07 PM
Correct because with the hook switch disabled you couldn't really switch from handset to speaker mode or the other way.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help