atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: QOS DCS 400 - errors in ringing plan - 10/27/04 07:00 PM
Have not seen a DCS before that with NO CID features on would light up red on an incoming call then sometimes drop before ringing in again and even then, the first appearance is still red. Only 1 station currently set to ring in 500 but even when additional stations are added the first ring ALWAYS lights red. Am planning to build a new ring group tomorrow and see if that clears.Thought I would post to see if anyone else has ever seen this. I will update of my findings tomorrow.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS 400 - errors in ringing plan - 10/27/04 08:01 PM
So you've checked that all trunks are set to normal in mmc 414?
Posted By: QOS Re: DCS 400 - errors in ringing plan - 10/27/04 08:25 PM
Yes that was my first try at clearing the trouble. It had been set up on a T-1 card with an attempt to get delivered number across by another tech and never worked. I turned off all cid/ani features and returned trunks to normal. Trouble seemed to clear with calls being delivered on the second ring but apparently was not cleared. Another tech has performed a soft reset since and still have the red light on trunks first ring. Thanks for the post! Will have more info tomorrow...
Posted By: QOS Re: DCS 400 - errors in ringing plan - 10/28/04 04:39 PM
The system had been on a previous carrier of the T-1 service until about 2 weeks ago. It had been reported as a trouble with the service several times and I was not convinced that there was any T-1 trouble. I started examining and changing timers to find that on a T-1 you will always see a red light until the expiration of the "No Ring Timer" in MMC 503. I changed the value to 001 and the incoming call lamp would light red, go out, red, go out and would never ring the phone. I found all 3 T-1's in the system set to 004 and only on one was it a problem. I changed to 008 to resolve trouble. I had not noticed this action on a system before since I don't suppose I've ever worked on one with all trunks on T-1's. Sure learned something useful though.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help