atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Calven007 Does anyone use ADTRAN CSU ACE units? - 01/03/05 12:24 AM
Hello.

I was just curious if anyone here uses Adtran CSU Ace between their T1 and their system.

I have heard some very mixed reviews on using them. It has ranged from glorified overpriced box of resisters to absolutely necessary mission critical essential equipment.

I was just wondering what everyone here thinks about these devices.

Thanks.
What system are you using? If you system supports a T-1 card and you don't need to split-off channels for something else I would use the built-in csu that comes with the T-1 card.
Hi.

I'm using the iDCS 500 and it had a T1 Card on the system.

So the T1 card comes with a build in ACE so the CSU ACE is not needed?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Yes it does! just plug-in to the smart jack with cat5 cable and rj45 wiring is in the iDCS 500 manual. You should be filling out a sheet from your provider with your requirements on the T-1 so you can programm the switch.
Does the FCC require the Adtran CSU Ace unit or is this basically a complete waste of money when you have the TEPRI card?

Thanks.
Perhaps the best use is CYA. The Adtran CSU has an "Equipment Loss" and a "Net Loss" light.

If the T-1 Vendor goes down, and the customer calls me, I ask them to look at the Adtran and tell me what lights are on. It is always true that the "Net Loss" is on, I don't have to make a free service trip and there is a mark up on the Adtran.

I have lots of them used if anyone needs one.

Thanks, Bunnie
Perhaps the best use is CYA. The Adtran CSU has an "Equipment Loss" and a "Net Loss" light.

If the T-1 Vendor goes down, and the customer calls me, I ask them to look at the Adtran and tell me what lights are on. It is always true that the "Net Loss" is on, I don't have to make a free service trip and there is a mark up on the Adtran.

I have lots of them used if anyone needs one.

Thanks, Bunnie

------------------
THE Bunnie
Posted By: Wkstill Re: Does anyone use ADTRAN CSU ACE units? - 02/23/05 06:00 AM
I Agree with Bunnie, They are not needed, but very helpful on determining where the problem is... If its Customer, or Telco.. Also, its actually an extra Protection from telco line spikes (although the smart jack has a lot of lightning supression, and protection) but if something were to get thru, it would take out the ADTRAN before taking out the T1 card, or switch.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help