atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nectec Compact DCS line access - 01/04/05 06:08 PM
I have a customer that just added a 2nd line to his Compact DCS. I have dialtone at the 66 block and the line button is programmed. I cannot get dialtone by pushing line button or by dialing 9 on any extension. Line 1 works fine. Display says something like trunk out of service (don't remember exact message) I have programming manual but don't see anything pertaining to this type of trouble. Wondering if this line could be in an oos maintenance condition. I don't normally work on Samsung, just trying to help a friend. Thanks
Posted By: pvj Re: Compact DCS line access - 01/05/05 05:30 AM
Have you tried a different line port in case the line 2 port is bad?You can dial access a line by dialing 70x example line 3 would be 703.
Posted By: TheTelephoneMan Re: Compact DCS line access - 01/05/05 09:36 AM
Also, check your programming in MMC 601. Make sure that line group 9 has line 702 programmed in it. Also check your wiring. I believe that line two is the orange / white pair. I am amazed they had a telephone system with only one line.
Posted By: nectec Re: Compact DCS line access - 01/05/05 04:39 PM
Thanks for the replies, I ended up buying a manual and checking programming on trunk 702 line 2. Everything was ok, it turned out to be a bad port in the control unit and I moved it to position 3. Yeah it was hard to believe the customer had this system for about 10 years with only one line on it.
Posted By: clgjr Re: Compact DCS line access - 01/05/05 06:44 PM
Just curious, If only one line was installed wonder how line 2 went bad?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help