atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Twiley hold music - 01/05/05 03:54 PM
i was wondering if anyone knows how to take the christmas hold music off of The samsung Prostar phone system. We are not sure how it got on there, but I imagine we have to press # and then a number right? Help me get this music off of our phones!! thank you
Posted By: clgjr Re: hold music - 01/05/05 06:51 PM
It is not christmas music!! Its fur elise one of the most famous composed tunes ever. If I remember correctly you can change it to "home on the ranch" by means of internal dip switch. Also you can turn it off with the dip switches. On some of the 816's if you plug a cord into the side of the ksu it will automatical turn off the internal chimes.

[This message has been edited by clgjr (edited January 05, 2005).]
Posted By: pvj Re: hold music - 01/05/05 08:09 PM
Why do they put that crap in the ksu anyway?
Posted By: clgjr Re: hold music - 01/05/05 08:22 PM
Beats the heck out of me! It really does sound like christmas music!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: hold music - 01/05/05 08:26 PM
Poor man's music on hold. Actually these tunes are public domain so the manufacturer doesn't have to worry about ASCAP or royalty fees.
Posted By: Twiley Re: hold music - 01/06/05 08:36 AM
You are awesome. Thank you so much for helping me. Love ya
Posted By: pbrooks100 Re: hold music - 01/06/05 10:09 AM
I inherited my Prostar, there was a 'teriaki stick' shoved into the jack on the side of the unit. This apperently opened up the contacts in the connector and disabled the sound. I guess I was easier than taking the cover off... [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

You could be a bit more professional and pick up a 1/8" plug at Radio Shack and stick that in....

------------------
Phil
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help