atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nevaehh programming ext# - 01/10/05 01:45 PM
trying to change some key assignments so that I can use them for exts for 2 new phones. When I go by the manual it wont allow me to change it. Is there anyway to override what certain keys are programmed for. It is a prostar dcs compact. Thanks, I'm new here so not really sure what mmc and all these things mean, so old posts aren't very much help!!! THANK YOU!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: programming ext# - 01/10/05 02:13 PM
Are you the owner of the equipment or the installing dealer? There are somethings that only certified dealers have access too.

Let me know and I will help you out in either case.

------------------
Buy-SamsungPhoneSystems.com
Posted By: nevaehh Re: programming ext# - 01/10/05 02:15 PM
We are the owners of the equipment.
Posted By: nevaehh Re: programming ext# - 01/10/05 02:25 PM
also, the people who installed our system are out of business, so hopefully I have some other options. thanks.
Posted By: John_Dumass Re: programming ext# - 01/11/05 10:21 AM
Hi.

You can change key assignment by using MMC722. Do you know the password for the system? If so then, you would do:

Transfer 800
Then enter the passcode:
Press #1 to enable programming.
Press " Speaker"
Then press 722
Now enter the extension of the person you are trying to change the key assignment for.

Does this work for you?
Posted By: TheTelephoneMan Re: programming ext# - 01/11/05 10:51 AM
Once in MMC 722 you can use the volume keys to scoll up to the button that you want to program. The buttons are numbered from left to right starting at the top with 1 and working down.

Once you find the button to program press the right soft key. ((The three keys under the display are called the soft keys)). Press the "3" Key once and volume up until it says "DS". Press the right softkey again and enter the extension number of the new phone. Press the right soft key again to save.
Posted By: nevaehh Re: programming ext# - 01/11/05 03:27 PM
Thanks so much!!! After screwing up the system a bit, I got it all together & all your instructions were perfect! Thanks again!!!!!
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: programming ext# - 01/11/05 05:10 PM
john it should be:

trans 800
pw
1 to enable programming
trans
trans
then the ext
then the button stuff
trans to exit
Posted By: pvj Re: programming ext# - 01/11/05 07:53 PM
No John is right.Why enable programming,exit it and reenter?I know this is what the manual says(at least for customer programming access) but it adds an extra step to the process that is not needed at all.
The only step John missed was transfer to end programming.
Posted By: John_Dumass Re: programming ext# - 01/11/05 10:14 PM
Also an added bonus is that you can scroll through all the programing options in case you forgot which program you need.

However in your case, you just need to use MMC 722 and you will have access to 100% of key assignment options.

Samsung programing layout is very well organized I think.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: programming ext# - 01/12/05 05:45 PM
i guess i never tried it that way.........cool!

i'll keep my big mouth shut (gonna play with it tomorrow %-> )!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help