atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: The_Assistant How to Block an inbound number ? - 03/13/05 03:01 AM
Does anyone know how to block an inbound number? We have all been blind sided by a annoying and sometimes obnoxious telemarketer. I recently had a case that a mental patient in an actually mental institution was calling a company on their toll free number and harassing them all day.

I was wondering if there might be an MMC which can be programmed to recognize the caller ID number of the person and route the call based on that information to maybe a voice mail group or something.

I was reading that the new open source PBX system " ASTERISKS" has the ability to do this. Does anyone know how this is done on the samsung. I am sure there is probably a way.

Thanks
Posted By: Big Mike Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 03/14/05 05:49 AM
I believe that the SVMi-E series voice mail systems will do this. You can set it up to see the CID of an incomming trunk, which you can have pointed anyware you want via the voice mail (like the BYE block). Talk to tech support about how to set this up as I have not done it myself yet. I know it will do it though. Good Luck.
Posted By: WRichey Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 03/14/05 08:08 AM
What system?? what VM?? and this is assuming that all calls ring the VM first (no live operator) oh and cid software installed.

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
Posted By: The_Assistant Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 03/14/05 09:42 AM
When an inbound call comes in the Samsung phone system, it will search the "number-to-name" translation table. If there is a match, it will attach the name.

You can also route calls based on trunk/last 4 digits of the number dialed.

I was wondering if there was an MMC that was almost like a combination of both these features.

It would look up the CID number and route it based on your specifications if a match if found.

Thanks
Posted By: pvj Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 03/14/05 12:22 PM
The assistant,
Without providing us with what system and hardware you have available to you then its hard to get you an answer.
Posted By: The_Assistant Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 03/14/05 02:33 PM
Is anything like this available on any samsung system because can't figure out how to do this on any system

I guess try to look it up on the iDCs 500. However, if you able to find out how to do this on any Samsung system, please let me know.

Thanks.
Posted By: pvj Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 03/14/05 08:35 PM
I believe this was asked a while ago about a 500 system and there was an option to do it but I think it was removed in a later software version.I remember seeing it in the manual and saying it should not be used.
Well I searched and here it is
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum23/HTML/000071.html

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited March 14, 2005).]
Posted By: Boris Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 04/07/05 11:40 PM
If you have OS500 get the new system software release.
In 2.37 there is MMC759 that you can use to block the incoming calls based on they CLI.
You can even route the calls to a different extension...

Perfect for sending them to anounce only mailbox [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The_Assistant:

Does anyone know how to block an inbound number? We have all been blind sided by a annoying and sometimes obnoxious telemarketer. I recently had a case that a mental patient in an actually mental institution was calling a company on their toll free number and harassing them all day.

I was wondering if there might be an MMC which can be programmed to recognize the caller ID number of the person and route the call based on that information to maybe a voice mail group or something.

I was reading that the new open source PBX system " ASTERISKS" has the ability to do this. Does anyone know how this is done on the samsung. I am sure there is probably a way.

Thanks
</font>

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited April 07, 2005).]
Posted By: WRichey Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 04/08/05 10:44 AM
I asked this question while I was at the roll out and you can route a number but not block the number the only way to block it is thru the provider
Posted By: The_Assistant Re: How to Block an inbound number ? - 04/08/05 11:26 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wrichey:
I asked this question while I was at the roll out and you can route a number but not block the number the only way to block it is thru the provider</font>

What software version are you using? Maybe my software is outdated.

For some strange reasion I don't seem to see any reference to this routing feature in the tech manual.

Perhaps you could give me some instruction how to enable this?

Thanks.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help