atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: finkleshtine Samsung PCMMC - Last name directory - 03/14/05 02:29 PM
OK I have an auto attendent and one option is to hit the first three letter of the users last name. I have three users with differant last names but all use 5-6-6 to select thier last names, i.e. Long, Jones, Lombo. When people try to get the "jones" mailbox they hit 5-6-6-3 knowing there are three users found when they hit just 5-6-6, and are selecting the third user found being "long" by hitting the last 3. Is there a way to change it from 3 to 4 letters for the last name. I hope this makes sense its hard to explain.
Posted By: phonman123 Re: Samsung PCMMC - Last name directory - 03/14/05 05:18 PM
What system do you have? Phone and VM?
Posted By: finkleshtine Re: Samsung PCMMC - Last name directory - 03/15/05 07:22 AM
Phone system is a iDCS-500 with a VM card that says SVMi-8. I am running version 2.12 of the MMC software.
Posted By: finkleshtine Re: Samsung PCMMC - Last name directory - 03/15/05 10:38 AM
Does anyone know the MMC that holds both first and last names for the directory?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Samsung PCMMC - Last name directory - 03/15/05 11:49 AM
The PCMMC is for programming the switch.
The programming you are looking for is in the SVMI-8. You can connect to it directly with hyperteminal.
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung PCMMC - Last name directory - 03/15/05 12:45 PM
I don't think you can change the search parameters to 4 letters instaed of 3.You can search on first or last name though.3 letter matching is pretty common.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Samsung PCMMC - Last name directory - 03/15/05 04:28 PM
Man how often does that happen? anyway this may seem more like a question but when programming the svmi8 you can set the wait for digit the pause between digit and the amount of digits and this tells the vm to do just that. When that is set to 4 what happens? Im gonna try it and see I will post back with an up date oh and in the directory block I think the same thing exists but I will check
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help