atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello.

I use MMC 714 to point the last 4 digits of a number to a particular extension all the time. Great feature!

I was wondering if this feature only works for PRI lines or if they also work for T1 lines.

It my understanding that if you use a channel bank, each # is basically associated with a unique line. In this case, MMC 406 must be used to route an entire trunk to an extension.

However, If you use a TEPRI card for a T1 instead of a channel bank, can you use MMC 714 to point the phone number to an extension for a regular old T1 circuit?

Thanks.
I thought T1 and PRI were the same as long as you let the TEPRI do the break out and not a channel bank (I could be wrong)
I depends on how you have the T1 provisioned.

If yo set the T1 for DID Trunks, you can use MMC 714 for programming. If normal T1, 406. You can mix and match. Did it for a Nursing Home, 8 DID Trunks and 16 "Normal/DOD" Trunks.
Ya thats what I thought

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonman123:
I depends on how you have the T1 provisioned.

If yo set the T1 for DID Trunks, you can use MMC 714 for programming. If normal T1, 406. You can mix and match. Did it for a Nursing Home, 8 DID Trunks and 16 "Normal/DOD" Trunks.
</font>

Why not just do the entire T1 using "DID" trunks. It seem that if you use the "Normal/DOD" trunk method, you are only limiting your abilities. Basically locking your trunk to a particular extension.

However if you use the "DID" method, you expand your capabilities.

For example, lets say your nursing home had 72 rooms.

Using DID method, you can use a 1 X T1 line with about 80 DID numbers. Basically routing each number to a room.

Using the "Normal/DOD" method, you will need 4 X T1 lines assigning 1 number-to-1 trunk-to-1 room requiring 72 trunks.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help