atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Elvis SVMI Problem - 04/05/05 09:31 AM
Our office had a new idcs 500 with svmi 4 voicemail installed recently with an odd problem. When someone is transferred to voicemail and that extension is busy the caller
is prompted for a password and is not able
to leave a message. It only seems to happen
when the extension is off the hook or the do not distrub button is active. If anybody has any idea on this THANKS,
Posted By: pvj Re: SVMI Problem - 04/05/05 09:50 AM
You must mean you have an SVMIi-8.
What procedure are you using to transfer?Is this using a VT key or a forward from the phone in question?
Posted By: Elvis Re: SVMI Problem - 04/05/05 10:00 AM
We use a VT Key on the keypad to make the transfer. You are correct it is the svmi 8e system not the 4

Thanks,
Posted By: pvj Re: SVMI Problem - 04/05/05 10:31 AM
Ok,
Do the VT keys have the right extender on them ?They should show as VTXXX.What does it say in the XXX ?
Posted By: Elvis Re: SVMI Problem - 04/05/05 11:28 AM
Sorry,

That's over my head, when you hit the button to transfer the call it doesn't show anything but
VT with blank space after it on the keyset.

Thanks,
Posted By: pvj Re: SVMI Problem - 04/05/05 12:33 PM
Well I would suggest then that you get the installing company back out to take a look at it.It should be under warranty right?
Posted By: Elvis Re: SVMI Problem - 04/05/05 01:30 PM
Thanks,

But their stumped as well. Just thought I'd
throw it out there for anyone who might have
seen this before.
Posted By: WRichey Re: SVMI Problem - 04/07/05 07:51 AM
What "P" was suggesting was that they didnt program the key correctly. To programm the key you need to get into programming at trans 800 then password +1 then speaker key and dail 722 or if all of them are the same 723, press the vt key and put the voicemail group number in as an extender next to the vt ie 529 or what ever the group is

or like "P" said get them back out to program it
Posted By: SlojoSA Re: SVMI Problem - 04/15/05 10:26 AM
No No NO
The SVMI or the iDCS protocols is wrong
You actually forward to the voicemail as if you want to access your voice mail.
Yes the company that installed the Svmi should program it correctly.You can refer them to the following url and follow the Calculus Communications Link
They will need to register.
https://slojo.no-ip.com more info
Posted By: TheTelephoneMan Re: SVMI Problem - 04/16/05 11:11 AM
I agree with everybody else on this, you need to call the installation company. If they are stumped, tell them to call Samsung tech support .

If the call is making it to the voicemail system then the VT key is programmed correctly. If the call is only having a problem when the person being called is on the phone it sounds like one of the pointers in the mode block is not defined correctly. This can quickly be solved by looking at port activity and seeing what the call code is and then going to the mode block and seeing where that call code is sending the caller.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help