atcomsystems.ca/forum
Here is the situation:

We are trying to upload about 1,000 names into MMC 728 Number-to-Name translation table.

It will take forever to do it on the phone. I was wondering if the PCMMC software allowed for a Copy&Paste like you would see on most applications.

I would like to copy and paste the numbers and names into MMC 728 software but have not been able to get it setup yet.

Thanks for your help.
Yes you can copy and paste within the PCMMC itself and with more success from outside apps in the new OSM releases. Of course this assumes that your not using the old DOS PCMMC programs for the DCS or DCSC.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FONEFXR:
Yes you can copy and paste within the PCMMC itself and with more success from outside apps in the new OSM releases. Of course this assumes that your not using the old DOS PCMMC programs for the DCS or DCSC.</font>

Acually it works really well with Excel.
Just make sure you set the cell format to "Text" before paste.

Just select whole grid in PCMMC, copy, paste to Excel, change data in Excel and copy it back.

Regards
You can also do a file import using OSM. This works for many programs. You would have to use an excel file, but it works really great. You can specify what stations you want the numbers available to and associate the name with the speed dial all in one import.
I was actually able to connect to the PCMMC software for the first time after almost 2 years of trying [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Did you say that you were able to past an entire excel spreadsheet to the database in the PCMMC system?

I have figured out how to copy and paste 1 single cell. However when I highlight more information in the excel, it seems to past the same information in every cell.

For example:

If I copy and paste in MMC 728

8175558547 John SMith

It will paste both in the number and name cell

8175558547 John SMith 8175558547 John SMith

I would appreciate any tipcs you might have to massive copy and pasting.

PS.

I do I download the entire customer database in 1 shot as a saved backup copy(incase I screw things up)

Thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help