atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello.

This is kind of a hardware question.

Do both the Prostar, DCS and iDCS 500 use the same 8 SLI card (KP40D-B8S/XAR)?

Thanks
Posted By: pvj Re: PROSTAR and IDCS 500 use same SLI card? - 04/22/05 04:42 PM
Yes the 500 can use that card.As well as thw 8MWSli and it has its own 16Sli card.
How about the other cards such as the:

1. 8 DLI card(DCS DLI KP40D-B8D/XAR) compatiable with both the prostar and the iDCS 500?

Will that also work on all 3 of those systems?

Thanks.
Posted By: pvj Re: PROSTAR and IDCS 500 use same SLI card? - 04/23/05 11:43 AM
The 8DLI yes can be used on the DCS and the 500.
Not sure what you mean by all 3 systems.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited April 23, 2005).]
1. Prostar
2. DCS
3. iDCS 500

The prostar and DCS are 2 different systems right?
Posted By: pvj Re: PROSTAR and IDCS 500 use same SLI card? - 04/23/05 10:00 PM
Not really.The DCS and the DCS Compact both used to have Prostar associated with the name but what you are talking about the DCS and the iDCS500 use the cards you are referring to.
Prostar aI think was the original name of the line when it came out ie analog and I think they kept it around for a while on the digital systems.Don't quote me on that though.
So in the old days, the entire Samsung lines was referred to as the " Prostar"?

Let me ask you something.

Does the Samsung Prostar 816 use the

DLI card(DCS DLI KP40D-B8D/XAR) and
SLI card(KP40D-B8S/XAR)?

Or do you only DCS(prostar)use these parts?

I have certain contacts telling me they have a DLI card pulled from a Prostar and I'm basically trying to figure out if it will work on the iDCS 500 or not.

Thanks.
Posted By: pvj Re: PROSTAR and IDCS 500 use same SLI card? - 04/24/05 06:52 AM
No it won't work on an 816 which is an analog system.To see if it will work get the part number from the person.
Hello.

I think maybe the confusion is happening because of the generic use of the word "Prostar" to refer to so many different types of systems.

I had the same problem explaining the concept of DID to a tech guy who wanted to buy a true DID fax server.

There is True DID and there is routing based on the last 4 digits sent down a PRI/T1 which is used to route calls in an office but is not the same thing as true DID. However, both methods are commonly referred to as DID.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help