atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Allen-NC Perpetual ringing - 05/16/05 06:03 AM
IO have a DCS system connected to a Tekol TVM2000 VM. I have the VM programmed to transfer calls to the Operator group (500)when there is no input through the VM main Menu, which works fine. Problem is, if the caller hangs up, apparently at any time during the call, prior to the transfer, it still transfers to OG 500 which will then ring until someone picks up one of the ringing extensions in the OG. This creates a problem over the weekend as we come in and all lines are tied up due to hangups. Is this problem inthe switch settngs or the VM? What is best method to correct? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/16/05 05:27 PM
Can you overflow to a box after a certain time if no one answers the Operator Group? Not having the proper integration with two could be the issue. So on the Telekol try to create a box that is set to direct to box instead of trying to ring a station.Or also in the OG 500 MMC 601 I believe, try setting up an overflow station that is forwarded directly to vmail. Just a suggestion, I am trying to trap the rings into a box. Let me know how it goes. I have quite a few DCS's and Telekols sites as well.

Chaz
Posted By: WRichey Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/17/05 05:37 AM
Hello.
I believe the problem is the integration like chaz said. The operator group mmc is 600 on the dcs but you need to look at the 2000 at the top of the dos display do you see the switch as dcs or dcse ?? anyway I believe the number you are looking for 013 when checking that. also make sure that in the advanced rules you have supervised transfer with an astrix before it you can achieve this by arrowing to it and when highlited tap the enter key.

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]
Posted By: WRichey Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/17/05 05:57 AM
I did some more thinking on it and chaz is correct again you need to create a general deliver box ie 500 in the tvm so that when no entry is made or when they press 0 in night mode it goes there. record the greeting and in the mailbox options astrix the group box then create the group you need to send messages to like 201 or 201 202 203 for a group at that point it will forward the messages to those boxes and the box owner will hear "message forwarded from mailbox 500 or general delivery" so that they know were it came from that will solve your unsupervised transfer problem. Keep in mind that it is the tvm and not the ksu that has the disconnect issue
Posted By: Allen-NC Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/17/05 06:43 AM
Thanks! I'll look into these options. I suspected it may be something like this. The switch is 013, I do know that. I'll get back to you with my findings.
Posted By: Allen-NC Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/18/05 02:28 PM
Chazrc/wrichey:
I tried setting up the MB as suggested, but it works poorly the way our operators are set up around here. I did talk to the Telekol Tech supprt today and we went through all the VM settings and found nothing wrong. He had me check for the correct disconnect digit which is C in the switch and VM, and he said that was correct. He left it with me that most likely we have a bad VM port or SLI ( I think its a DLI ), but I don't think I have 5 bad ports on my NVM either, so I was wondering if it could be something with the CO lines; i.e. ground/loop start, etc...do they (CO) send disconnect characters or tones?

Thanks for the assistance.
Posted By: FONEFXR Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/18/05 06:23 PM
What you more than likely dealing with is that there is no diconnect coming from the telco side of the line. To test call into the system on your cell phone answer it and lay the handset down then hang up you cell phone now see if the system diconnects the port or does it stay light. If its light call your line provider and verify posative disconnect.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/19/05 02:28 PM
No you are using sli ports there are no boards that I know of that simulate a dli for the samsung even tho tvm use to make the vm for samsung they never made a board for it so anyway are you using a t1? or digital lines like vanage or something? did this just start or has it always been this way the reason I ask is most telco lines support disconnect you can test this by calling in and hanging up if the line still shows on the phone then the disconnect is not being sent. do it both directions and note what happens
Posted By: WRichey Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/19/05 02:30 PM
sorry I repeated what fonefxr said

[This message has been edited by wrichey (edited May 19, 2005).]
Posted By: Allen-NC Re: Perpetual ringing - 05/20/05 05:44 AM
You were right, no disconnect coming from the telco! They are programming the change today. We noticed the problem a few weeks ago when we made a programming change to the VM to forward to OG 500 on Main Menu/No Input. We then started getting calls to the OG with on one there. THis clued us into the problem. Then of course on Mondays, we would come in and all CO lines would be tied up because of the hanguppers, and the VM not being able to disconnect. This should fix everything. I'll let you know. THanks again for your great assistance!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help