atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dcm2 DCS Compact II - Door Phone - 05/23/05 09:10 AM
Hi guys!

I am trying to connect a door phone (KP-200 & DPIM) to a DCS Compact II.

Where should I connect the DPIM to the DCS? The manual says "any DLI", so I tried EX2-04 (extension 230). Power LED on the DPIM does not turn on.

Therefore, I think I should let the DCS know that 230 is now a door phone. Anybody knows how can I do that?

Thanx for your help!
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS Compact II - Door Phone - 05/24/05 08:09 AM
The system should see the door phone.Did you try a different dli port or are you sure that port works.Plug a phone into it if you haven't already tried it and make sure keyset works.If the keyset works then maybe the dpim is bad.
Posted By: dcm2 Re: DCS Compact II - Door Phone - 05/24/05 08:54 AM
You are right, it should see the door phone - and now it does! For some reason I had mixed up the cables and was connecting it to the SLI...

Now the doorbell rings on the keyset, but I CANNOT OPEN THE DOOR! It seems that the DCS does not give a pulse to the DPIM. I tried triggering it with DC from a transformer and it works. Any ideas?
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS Compact II - Door Phone - 05/24/05 10:33 AM
Well you can use the dpim to open the door with the relay .You must supply the dc voltage to the dpim relay contact.
There is also a timer in the system for how long the relay operates
Door Lock Release that determines how long the relay is opened when you dial the unlock code or press the open softkey.
Posted By: dcm2 Re: DCS Compact II - Door Phone - 05/25/05 01:29 AM
the dpim has three ports: door box, lock and line. I guess the DC voltage should come from line, which is connected to the dli. correct?

the problem is that when i dial 13 from the keyset, i get "open" on the lcd, but nothing happens with the lock...

i used mmc501 to set the lock timer to 2,5 sec just in case, but nothing changed.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS Compact II - Door Phone - 05/25/05 05:57 AM
You have to supply the voltage to the dpim to operate the lock.The dpim has a relay inside of it to switch the voltage that you supply to the lock.The DLI port DOES NOT supply the voltage to operate the lock.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help