atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chrislebeck distance on analog port - 06/01/05 05:16 PM
i've got a resort that i'm trying to sell a 500 to.

spec for the analog ports says 3000'. what's the max someone has run an analog port? NOTE:i'm also wanting to use the message waiting type card if that matters
Posted By: pvj Re: distance on analog port - 06/01/05 07:54 PM
I guess wire gauge will also determine the loop limit.Haven't really experimented with long runs what about tying some wirre boxes together to simulate a longer run?
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: distance on analog port - 06/01/05 08:29 PM
probably will try that tomorrow on an existing cabinet.

just thought someone might have already been thru this.

i'm guessing it's about 5000' or so to the farthest cabin at this place.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: distance on analog port - 06/02/05 09:09 AM
We put a system in a resort and had to use long loop adapters. But the message waiting lights will not work with the adapters. But 3000 ft of 24ga. wire should be no problem without long loop adapters.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: distance on analog port - 06/02/05 08:37 PM
not sure if the mw lights will work or not but i had a phone working on 6600' of wire. i could dial and receive calls. the ringer even worked!
Posted By: junkman Re: distance on analog port - 06/03/05 06:19 AM
Not sure about Samsung, but Toshiba uses the second pair for power (when required). I've heard of people using cat5 cable, tying blue/white & white/blue as one wire, same for other pairs, to make it a 4 wire cable and have it work at well over a mile. Toshiba says 1000' max loop length. I would think if you use bigger gauge wire like 20 or 22 it would get more voltage to the phone on long runs. I guess you could try it and find out.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: distance on analog port - 06/03/05 04:51 PM
unfortunatly i have to use what is already in place. but i used 24g cat3 at a test. so i'm thinking it should work
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help