atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kcranmer DCS LCD 12B Phone doesn't ring - 12/22/05 11:07 AM
Well, I'm at it again! I change offices and the outside line does not light when ringing so I can not pick it up if I want to. Need to know how to set my phone up to do this? Thanks.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS LCD 12B Phone doesn't ring - 12/22/05 04:15 PM
Sounds like you maybe use to have DT keys for the outside lines and now you only have call keys or a trunk key.
Does the phone ring or need to?
If you just want to have the same key assignments then either use set relocate mmc 315(move your old extension to where you are now) or do a set copy mmc 720 to copy the key programming from your old extension.
You'll need to know how to access the programming to do this.
Posted By: kcranmer Re: DCS LCD 12B Phone doesn't ring - 12/23/05 10:19 AM
How do you get to do the MMC 720. Transfer 720 doesn't work.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS LCD 12B Phone doesn't ring - 12/23/05 02:14 PM
Exactly you need to access programming at the Technician level to do this.I suggest that you maybe contact a dealer or technician to help you out.
If your technician has labeled every extension, you could swap the individual punchdowns for your old extension and new extension without doing any programming.

You need a punch tool and some wire. (Actually you can use a needle nose pliers to push the wire in, it just looks sloppy.)
Posted By: kcranmer Re: DCS LCD 12B Phone doesn't ring - 12/27/05 09:52 AM
I can get into the programming, but it says not permitted to make the copy (mmc 720)? Any suggestions?
Posted By: OBTW Re: DCS LCD 12B Phone doesn't ring - 12/27/05 10:15 AM
Do like The Bunnie suggested and roll the xconnects it will end your grief and frustration .
Posted By: kcranmer Re: DCS LCD 12B Phone doesn't ring - 12/30/05 12:52 PM
I need to buy a punch down tool. I had one where I used to work. That does seem like the easiest solution. In the mean time when the tech is in, I will ask him why the copy doesn't work. Thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help