atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tdw42 DCS 816 caller ID support - 07/07/06 11:11 AM
I know that caller ID is supported on the BRI interfaces, but does anyone know if the latest revision 4 DCS 816 support caller ID on either/both the SLT and TRK analogue interfaces.

I've recently installed a system acquired from a bankrupcy clearance sale and it didn't come with any manuals, the ones I've found on the net are ~6 years old.

<https://www.samsung.com/Products/Of...KeySystem_DCS816.asp?page=Specifications> imples that it can do (some sort of) analog caller ID, but it would be nice to know from someone who has access to current manuals.

Tom
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS 816 caller ID support - 07/07/06 04:19 PM
Well in North America the 816 is called the iDCS616 and with release2 it is capable of sending call display to analog single line ports with the SIO3 card.
Posted By: tdw42 Re: DCS 816 caller ID support - 07/11/06 06:28 AM
Thanks,
I didn't know that the SIO3 existed (I've got a SIO1 fitted for SMDR).

Having found out that it does I've found to a couple of references to it on US web sites - on the same pages it looks as though the iDCS16 uses 3TRK or 6TRK line cards whereas the UK DCS816 uses 4TRK or 8TRK line cards, I'm guessing that the 3TRK and 6TRK cards are the same as those used in the compactII / iDCS100.

Looks like I'll have to find a savvy UK dealer.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS 816 caller ID support - 07/11/06 07:14 AM
They are the same trunk cards as used in the OS100.The UK is an 816 system and in North America it is a 616 system .There are slight differences in the system capacities but I would think the 816 can send caller id to analog ports as long as it has the correct SIO card and possibly software.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help