atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LightGuy48 Setting TX Level & Gain - 07/10/06 01:18 PM
I've got an iDCS500 & 100 networked together accessing two different telephone networks, the 500 is PRI,the 100 is analog trunks.

I've got some audio codecs that use analog modems and they need to connect across the network between the 100 & 500. Levels are critical for these modems, I'm looking for advice suggestions on the best way to set the level & gain in both switches for unity gain and best audio quality.

According to the codec manufacturer they like to see levels in the -10 to -15db range for best performance and loop current in the 25-35mA range. I've verified loop current on a Sidekick but I'm looking for a good way to verify audio levels.

Obviously I can use the Sidekick for measuring the audio level but I need a good level source (i.e. telco milliwatt generator) but due to recent # changes no one in town knows any numbers to call and those who do won't say.

Suggestions?
Posted By: LightGuy48 Re: Setting TX Level & Gain - 07/11/06 12:47 PM
FWIW, I did some tests today and found even when going switch to switch using the SLT ports at each end I get a good connect rate (28.8k) but I'm getting glitches that cause the modems to renegotiate.

I'm not seeing any bit errors on the T1 connection between the switches and I can't hear any audio problems so I'm lost as to what might be the problem.

Shouldn't the A to D and D to A converters be good enough for modem usage?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help