atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/13/06 08:58 PM
I have a recently installed iDCS 100 R2 that we're having trouble getting to work through the customers Sonicwall soho 3 firewall. If you bring the phone into their office and plug it in, works fine. We have external IP's set for both the MCP and MGI cards and private w/public turned on. The Network guy says that he has 1:1 nat running but all we can get is the phone to connect and dial but no talk path either way. Samsung says that we need to make sure that 1024-4999 TCP ports are open on the system side but my customer is telling me that he is using some of those ports for something else, plus the samsung manual says that those ports are for H.323 gateway. Any ideas?
Posted By: mathrap Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/14/06 03:42 AM
You need to add a less 2 custom services in the SonicWall .First redirect port 6000 TCP and UDP to the SMCP1 private address ,and second ports 30000 to 30031 UDP to SMGI3 private address.Both services must applied to trust and untrust zones (LAN and WAN zones). MMC xxx make sure IP Type is Public w/Firewall.
Posted By: BacherJr Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/14/06 05:56 AM
Um... something isnt what it seems here. If he truely has 1:1 NAT setup then all ports are open to the internal address.

Since you can get through to the MCP, as evidenced by the phone booting up, then I owuld look at your router programming for the MGI IP address.

Dont worry about ports 1024-4999. I would do that last. Besides, samsung is telling you to forward those ports to the MCP, no the MGI, so I would say they are completely unrelated.
Most of the time, when everything seems to be correct, the problem is in MMC xxx as mathrap said.
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/14/06 10:44 AM
just a question, are the ip addresses static and if so then i would ping the mgi ip address from the outside world to see if you can see it. if not the router programming is the way to go.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/14/06 08:39 PM
The network guy tells me that the sonicwall is set up to not allow pinging so I can't test it that way. I'm with you bacherjr, if he really has 1:1 nat set up the sonicwall shouldn't care what ports the samsung wants to use. One more question, since we are trying to use 1:1 nat, with the sonicwall forwarding a public address to a private address, should I set up mmc's 830 and 831 with the public address the same as the private address, and public w/private turned on or something else?
Posted By: mathrap Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/15/06 07:14 AM
If you need local and external ITP’s,yes Private w Public must turned on for both 830 and 831.Also you need Public IP address for 830 and 831(the NAT 1:1 public ip addresses which is mapped to MCP and MGI static privates ip addresses ).
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/15/06 09:30 AM
Thanks guys, I'll do some checking on the stuff you suggested to see if we can figure this out.
Posted By: mathrap Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/15/06 04:48 PM
Good work.Just post the results fot all this guys which try to help.Keep going men.
Posted By: mathrap Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/15/06 04:48 PM
Good work.Just post the results fot all this guys which try to help.Keep going men.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/22/06 11:17 AM
Well, after much trying we still couldn't get the ip phone to work through the firewall. The best we could get was one way audio from the system to the ip phone. Finally decided to move the system into the DMZ and it worked no problem. Guess I'm going to have to come up to speed on firewalls. Thanks for all the help anyways guys!
Posted By: mathrap Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/22/06 06:17 PM
DMZ witch one? Y”ve a less 2 DMZ to set.How many Public addresses you have? It’s really 1:1 NAT ? I ‘just try to understanding the really setup for all this guys who try to do Samsung better, keep posting MichaleV . :toast:
Posted By: MichaelV Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/23/06 09:19 AM
Basically the way it is set now is cable modem, switch (the MCP and MGI are connected to this) and then the Sonic wall soho 3, then the rest of their network. Both the MCP and MGI have external IP's. I showed the network guy your previous post mathrap, but he didn't understand how to set it up.
Posted By: mathrap Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/24/06 06:26 PM
He everyone .

As Samsung said you MUST have 2 Public static addresses(for each) to to have 2 IP Networked systems, or more (OS 500,100 or 7200) ,one for the MCP and one for the MGI.Okay it’s possible to do theh networking with only 1(ONE) ,static address for each site?
Posted By: BacherJr Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/25/06 05:13 AM
Yes it is possible to do Ip networking with only 1 public address... You do it all the time with point to point t-1's. They only have 1 address on the WAN side.
Posted By: mathrap Re: Samsung IP phone and sonic wall problem - 07/25/06 06:40 AM
And i think y’are 2 statistic addresses for the MCP and MGI?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help