atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JOHNYREB DCS Compact and VM - 07/18/06 12:12 PM
I got a call today from a customer who wants to add a VM to her Compact. She has 4 lines and wants AA, What are my options? My first inclination is to try and sell her an STS but wanted to get opinions. We don't see many Samsungs around here. Appreciate any insight.
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS Compact and VM - 07/18/06 12:23 PM
Well depending on the software it may handle an SVMi which is the in skin voicemail.That would require a software version of 2.5 or above and an expansion kit.
A 3rd party voicemail can go on it with analog connections either from a 2SLI card or a 2X4 Sli card(requires expansion kit).How is the system equipped right now?
If there is a three slot expansion rack in the top third of the cabinet, you would not have to buy that to put in an SMVI-4 or SMVI-4e voicemail.

There are used SMVI-4s floating around that do most of the stuff a new SMVI-4e would do. That would be your least expensive way to go. An SMVI-4e is not terribly expensive. Either would give you AA and VM boxes.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: DCS Compact and VM - 07/19/06 01:30 PM
I'm not sure about the config of the system, it was just a cold call looking for info. I wanted to find out if a VM was even availble for that system before I went any further. I appreciate the insight from you both, and will get more details.
Posted By: WRichey Re: DCS Compact and VM - 07/19/06 02:11 PM
Reb radio me
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help