atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RUSSOPOWER idcs systems - 07/20/06 01:24 PM
i am having problems with my installer and have a great knowledge about the product. they went and changed the passcode on us and now i have no control over my own system. if anybody has any ideas on what to do. please something other than an installer.

thank you
Posted By: BacherJr Re: idcs systems - 07/20/06 02:08 PM
I have seen this happen before, and its really unethical of your installer.

Here are your options.

Power-down and default the system, it will return your password to default. You will lose all programming, and unless you have another installer lined up, I would not recommend it. I only list it here because it IS an option.

A better option is to threaten legal action. This doesnt always work, but you own that equipment and them tampering with it so that you are unable to use it fully is illegal. There was an installer here who was successfully sued for the same thing.

Option 3: Covert-ness. Call them to make a change, let the technician unlock the technician level programming, then sitting at the same phone, use MMC 801 to change the password. The use MMC 800 to disable tech programming, and tell the tech to get lost. But pay him for the call, since he did have to come on site.
Posted By: skip555 Re: idcs systems - 07/20/06 03:00 PM
if you owe them money they may be justified in not giving you that password .

if your paid up call and demand it .

(could he post the installers name and company in the hall of shame here ?)
Posted By: pvj Re: idcs systems - 07/20/06 04:11 PM
You can also I believe get Samsung to assist you but they will need something from you on letterhead to do it.You may also need a dealer to request this I'm not sure.
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: idcs systems - 07/20/06 04:20 PM
you will need a dealer to be onsite to call samsung to do this. there is a back door code. PM me and I can assist you on this problem if you are familiar on how to get into programming.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: idcs systems - 07/20/06 04:43 PM
That depends, there is alot unknown to us. Does he owe money? Does he have an extended maint. contract? BTW when we have maint conntracts we also change the installers passwords because it's our right to know if someone is voiding their maint contract. Best option is to get ahold of the regional guy for Samsung and get it resolved.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: idcs systems - 07/20/06 08:34 PM
Why is this posted twice?
Posted By: Connextions1 Re: idcs systems - 07/20/06 11:09 PM
Originally posted by BacherJr:
No disrespect Bacher but I have to totally disagree with your comment about changing the technicians password being unethical. Now if your saying it is unethical that the servicing dealer refuses to give up the password then I would agree, if the customer doesn't owe $$, they request it in writing, and they aren't on a Service Contract.
Posted By: WRichey Re: idcs systems - 07/21/06 06:30 AM
Let me get this straight.

They changed the customer and tech passwords?

the only "back door" is to default it and sue the tech's that changed the codes.

As for who has a right and who does not. The customer password should never have been changed period. the tech password it protection for us, not to say it should never be givin to you but it would void a service contract as the installer would have no way of telling what was messed up. they would know when but not who.

just my two bits
Posted By: skip555 Re: idcs systems - 07/21/06 07:11 AM
if I had a customer that I thought was going to try and stick me I might change both passwords given the oppurtunity

(actully change might to would )
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: idcs systems - 07/21/06 07:20 PM
You don't Trust the Bunnie, Mr. Richey?

I have personally been on site when Samsung gave me the password that was good for one minute and I used it to get into programming and change the password back to default. Me, myself, I did it withe password supplied by Samsung.

There is an algorythem for each minute of each day of each week of each month of each year that at a particular minute a four digit passcode will open system programming.

Obviously, because the passcode can only be 0000 to 9999 plus the possible use of * and #, the same four digit code will work for a minute here and a minute there in what we would see as a random code.

Say you are sorry for being wrong.

GRIN
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: idcs systems - 07/21/06 07:37 PM
i agree. when u are on site you have to get a letterhead from the customer and your business with your dealer number and fax it to them. while you are there they will ask for the time and date on your phone system. they will supply the password to you. i have done this numerous times because technicians have changed the passcode.
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: idcs systems - 07/21/06 07:39 PM
but there is a way other than calling samsung or defaulting your system.
Posted By: skip555 Re: idcs systems - 07/21/06 08:06 PM
the OP seems to have gone POOF since the issue of his oweing the installer was raised
Posted By: WRichey Re: idcs systems - 07/22/06 08:02 AM
Bunnie :confused: :confused:

What are you talking about. Yes there is a way but you need customer access.

Yes you can do it through Samsung. I think the poster has the point which is why he has not responded
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: idcs systems - 07/22/06 10:45 PM
To quote you:

the only "back door" is to default it and sue the tech's that changed the codes.
--------------------------

I was just saying that was not correct. I was in a humorous vein, not a bitchey one, notice the GRIN.

You can have the code from Samsung and just for the last bit, you can hook a modem up to it and do PCMMC and get into programming.
Posted By: WRichey Re: idcs systems - 07/23/06 07:38 PM
I new you were being funny but I still missed how they would gain access.

Yes you are correct osm will give you access if you know the software version and have a the correct password. I don't think you can get in through the keyset if you don't have the password to customer access.

In other words if we were to read all of the posts from this poster you would find that BOTH passwords were changed. So how would you get the software version or the built date or even change the programming so that you could access the system?

Either way it's mute as the poster has not responded and may not even be looking any longer.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: idcs systems - 07/24/06 03:18 AM
With tech support you don't need to know any passwords, just be on site.

With a local modem on PCMMC you should be able to just walk into it.

But enough posts already, people will start to talk.

You can button it up if you like.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help