atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: redskin1948 Samsung DCS compact 616 vm Problem - 10/31/06 06:37 AM
I have taken over a Samsung DCS compact 616 sys.
Originally it was programmed to answer via the Auto Attendant. Recently I changed it ( per customer's request) to ring the Attendant Station
station 212 first then go to VM/Auto attendant.

The problem is when the receptionish answers a call live..then xfers the call to an extension the call after serval rings comes back to the receptionist and not to the stations VM greeting.
However on an entirely different station using the same xfer method..the call DOES go to the Users mbx greeting.

Any thoughts?

When the System is on Auto Attendant Answer.. the callers end up in the appropriate mbx.

thanks

Redskin1948
Posted By: Howie21 Re: Samsung DCS compact 616 vm Problem - 10/31/06 08:14 AM
Check in mmc 102 for call forwarding status, check mmc 741 to see if the extension has a mailbox assigned to it.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Samsung DCS compact 616 vm Problem - 10/31/06 08:41 AM
Redskin
Howie is right about the forwarding status, but you might what to use an XVM key so the call does not ring the phone at all, but goes right to the mailbox. It would help to know what system and voice mail you have the Compact starts as a 4X8 and there is a DS16 also know as a DCS616. The voice mail will be different for both of these systems as well. When the auto attendant answers the calls go to the right mailboxes because it's programmed to do so and not ring the phone first.
I have mine set that way, in the day mode the extension rings and in the night mode you can only leave a message.
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung DCS compact 616 vm Problem - 10/31/06 04:42 PM
There can also be a conflict between the transfer recall timer and the forward timer.If the transfer recall timer is shorter than the forward n/a busy timer,the caller will recall to the orginating station that did the transfer and not forward to the mailbox.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help