atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: shirley Samsung ProStar 816 - 11/27/06 09:10 AM
Our company has the Samsung ProStar 816 telephone system. I have somehow activated the "flashing" red "MSG" button on my display keyset. When I press the flashing red button once, the display says "MSG 3." When I press it a second time, the display says "Camp On None." I followed the User Guide I have for "canceling messages" as follows: "With the handset on hook, press the flashing MSG button. Press the DSS key of the station at which you wish to cancel the message." I don't know which station the message is on and don't know how to get the flashing button to stop flashing. Can you help me?
Thank you.
Posted By: benb Re: Samsung ProStar 816 - 11/27/06 11:18 AM
Been a while since I looked at an 816 but try going to the phone with the flashing light. Pick up the handset and see which button lights red so you know which button is the DSS key for that extension. Next put the handset down and press the message button then push the key that you identified. Hopefully this works. I don't have an 816 manual any more.
I think Benb is right on this but if it does not work, try pressing DND on and off at each extension.

This is on page 20 of the 816 Plus user guide to Cancel Programmed Message Display.

Benb's info on page 19 of the user guide under canceling messages.
Posted By: a1techguy Re: Samsung ProStar 816 - 12/19/06 05:43 AM
We work with Prostar 816s all the time. Ran into this problem not long ago actually.
If the cancelling doesn't work, just hit the msg key and it should ring the last phone that left you the msg. When someone picks up on the phone that left you the message, it will clear that message. Do that until all the messages are cleared. Note: the phone where the message came from must be answered when your msg key dials to it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help