atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jettech 2000 voicemial mesages - 08/14/07 02:51 AM
Anyone Ever seen this

I have a remote ITP user that says they have 2000 voicmail messages in their inbox. Which is obviously not the case.
As they are in another state I havent actually checked it out for myself.

It’s one of those old 14B ITP’S with V2.05 software.

System is OS100

MCP 2.63
4BRI 4.02
MGI3-8 3.59
SVMI4 3.01
SCP 1.05
Posted By: Cracker Re: 2000 voicemial mesages - 08/14/07 04:32 AM
Are they using broadcast messages at the main sight?
Posted By: jettech Re: 2000 voicemial mesages - 08/14/07 04:38 AM
Dunno what are broadcast messages.

Dont have much to do with voicemail as it only seems to cause me problems smile
Posted By: benb Re: 2000 voicemial mesages - 08/14/07 05:21 AM
You should log into the voicemial system and look at how many messages are really in the users mailbox. This would be done at the main site. PM me if you need assistance with this.
Posted By: wake Re: 2000 voicemial mesages - 08/14/07 07:27 AM
In port activity, type in mess. It will show all messages.
Posted By: jettech Re: 2000 voicemial mesages - 08/15/07 05:04 AM
I went to site today and hooked up to the svmi via serial.

I deleted the mailbox probably not the best thing to do as the card seemed to have crashed. When actually it didn't crash it just got extremely busy deleting all of those 2000 messages.

I have left it and will go back tomorrow and recreate the mailbox if the card is ok.

Ben I would be keen for any more info on the VM problem and the best thing to do as the tech support guy told me to check all the mailboxes and make sure they are not sending notification messages. He also said to change the retention days to say one day if it happens again to clear the messages rather than deleting the mailbox as I did.

Also that system had a MGI failure today where they got no MGI channels available which was the second time in a month requiring a system reboot to restore.
Anything suspect` about the above mentioned software versions. That may be causing this MGI problem. The MGI also seems to have a lot of errors in the log.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help