atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ua_kred Prostar 1224 "Not Assigned" - 08/15/07 09:01 AM
We have an old (installed Jan. 1997) Prostar 1224 / 56ex/120mx telephone system used with 824 keyset phones. Before we started having problems our 16 programmable keys on the left side of the keypad were programmed to call an extension. Now, the programmed keys on some of the phones do not work. When you press a programmed key, you get an error ring with the message "Not Assigned" on the display. The phones still work by dialing the extension number, i.e. 201, and one can dial 9 for an outside line and make calls.

I know the system is old and we are preparing to replace it. My question is whether the keys can be reprogrammed. Also does it seem that a card may be failing? Unfortunately this system was installed before my time and no one has the technical passcode. We have the customer level passcode to set the date/time, but this is not the needed passcode to do programming.

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Prostar 1224 "Not Assigned" - 08/15/07 09:23 AM
Yes a card has bad batteries on it. This is the reason for the lost programming.

As for the button programming and passwords to get there, Might I suggest having a dealer come to you. This will save you time and possibly money. There are few dealers here on the forum that I am sure will assist you in this.

The information you are requesting is above and beyond your guides as you know. So please feel free to pm any of the knowledgable techs here. For that matter if you have your pm feature enabled. I am positive some one will be along to help you in this process.

PM Sent
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help