atcomsystems.ca/forum
OS7400. For calls ringing back on a hold recall, is there a way to prevent the call from following forwarding and going to voicemail (when Attendant Recall is set to 0/disabled, and when Recall to Operator is turned off), or from going to the operator group? Bottom line is that I want the call to ring back to the station, until the call is answered at that phone, or until the caller gives up. I'm not sure why, but many manufacturers think people want their hold recall calls to end up in voicemail if not answered. I don't understand that, and have yet to find a customer who actually wants that to happen. Everybody seems to want the call to ring as I described (until answered or abandoned). In this case, the recall to Operator group isn't a good option either, because the call is ending up in a totally different building, where to caller ends up talking to someone who knows nothing about the context for the call, leaving them no choice but to send it back to the other building. This is causing frustration for the caller, who just gets bounced around, all because they happened to recall from hold.

I know one option is to extend the Hold Recall, or have them use Exclusive Hold, and set that recall to 0. I'm hoping I can leave the recall timers as-is, and that there's maybe something I can do so the call does as described.

Thanks!

Justin
Justin,
Ther should be a recall wait timer that you could set.This is the amount of time a call will sit at the station recalling.I don't know if it will help you it is system wide and I think the maximum is 255 seconds.It is located in system timers.
The description states that it only applies to a BUSY station. Is that correct, or does it apply to stations that are otherwise idle as well?
You are correct, Justin. Recall wait if for when a hold recall is recalled but the originating station is in a busy condition. I believe you can zero out your hold recall so it does not apply. Otherwise, your hold recall will apply and recalled calls will follow rna timer.
Yes you can set your SYS HOLD RECALL Timer to 0 and the call will remain on hold indefinately. I have done this at a couple of law firms where people are on hold for 30 minutes or more.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help