atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DefaultRebuild_Again Trouble Shooting Tools? - 08/17/07 02:24 PM
Is anyone aware of any DBUG tools that can help identify issues? basically something that can TRACE certain events real time?

This would certainly help if I could provide Samsung for trouble shooting. I.E. I currently have a customer using most current version of Dataview. The reports are all messed up. Reports show more agents are logged in/out than are programmed into the phone system.

I read the thread about dataview and the reports showing that the problems was not in dataview. It's no longer listed so it's hard to reference. My issue in not the same.

Anyway, I hope I'm getting my point across. It would also help identify other issues as well. Perhaps the "500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference" issue that's currently pretty big.

Thanks
Posted By: WRichey Re: Trouble Shooting Tools? - 08/17/07 03:32 PM
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/23/t/001290.html

Is this the link you were talking about?
Do a search on dataview in this forum and see whats here.

Here are some links to follow aswell

link 1
link 2

I do not know of anything specific to Samsung however.
Posted By: bestboards Re: Trouble Shooting Tools? - 08/21/07 08:41 AM
It would be nice I agree. I don't feel the above link(s) from WRichey would help Samsung though.

I too would like to see something like a simple TRACE file from the SAMSUNG systems that we can provide Samsung. Other manufactures have the ability to run (and capture) TRACE files. I.E. Iwatsu even has this. If an issue occures, their engineers review the TRACE file and they can identify the problem, thus allowing them to Fix the problem.

Maybe some Samsung guys are reviewing this and can provide some tools...
Posted By: DefaultRebuild_Again Re: Trouble Shooting Tools? - 08/27/07 06:42 PM
Samsung members. What do you have? Any Trace files...? Something?
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: Trouble Shooting Tools? - 08/27/07 08:55 PM
What is your issue? Specifically what reports are skewed? What versions of Link and Dataview are you on? There were a lot of changes from 1.5.1.0 to 1.5.1.2. 1.5.1.0 had a number of issues. Everyone thinks they are on current software until they actually check and confirm. Dataview is not some mystical program. It takes live data from the SMDR of the switch and transforms it into a gui interface that is easy to read. All it is is a database of stored SMDR and other data from the switch that can be cross-referenced. If you think about this logically, either (1) the MCP is sending the wrong data, or (2) this data is not making it to the dataview machine due to a poor network, or (3) the dataview program itself is not referencing the proper tables within its database (this would clearly be a software issue).

(1) I could see a faulty MCP or a corrupt database doing this. That is very easily rectified.

(2) This is by far the most common issue. No data network is perfect. There are constant packets flowing for each disconnect and connected call. If even one is delayed too long or dropped on a poor network, you will have "stuck" calls. In an ideal world, you want dataview and link on a standalone PC on the same switch as the MCP. This is optimizing the possiblilities of lost data.

(3) Of course there are possible bugs as well, but this is easily proven too. You will need to compare the reports that you think are skewed to another report that proves it. Possible sources of these other reports are UCD reports straight from the MCP, SMDR reports, traffic reports, or even other reports within dataview. If you show a station port statistic report that can prove another report wrong, then there is certainly an issue.

Sorry, i tend to write books when i have a strong opinion. Long story short(too late for that), there is a scientific method that will resolve EVERY issue out there. The only unexplained is corruption, which does happen, but that can be cornered as well when other things are ruled out.

*sam sung* gets off his soap box*
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help