atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Befuddled Samsung KPDCS Daughter Board Connection - 09/01/07 03:49 AM
Hi,
I have A samsung KPDCS and I have purchased a daughter board and extra LCD 12B phone for it and an extra phone, can I just connect it or will I need some programming done. :confused:
Posted By: Cracker Re: Samsung KPDCS Daughter Board Connection - 09/01/07 04:08 AM
What type of system is it? The extension must be on one of the first 8 ports if it is a DCS Compact or DCS 50si/100. If will then show up as 301 if connected to 201 302/202 303/203 etc thru 208/308.
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung KPDCS Daughter Board Connection - 09/01/07 05:10 AM
A Compact can connect a daughterboard on any digital port.Cracker is right about the 50Si and 100.A DCS must be on a DLI port in the first cabinet.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Samsung KPDCS Daughter Board Connection - 09/01/07 07:11 AM
Everyone might want to note were this poster is. They are on non United States soil. The systems there are slightly different than here so lets wait for a response.
pm sent
Thanks Fella's I'm back in the office, its just 9.30am Monday here, won't get to try this for another 2 hours (System use), I'll report back soon as I can, in the meantime I'll out exactly which system it is.
Hi, Its an OfficeServ 100 system, we already have a daughter board on one which is working fine, I'll add it to a keyset later and see what happens and get back to you, Thanks for your help so far, its good to know that you are out there (UK says Thanks)
Posted By: Cracker Re: Samsung KPDCS Daughter Board Connection - 09/03/07 05:12 AM
The keyset you add it to must be one of the first 8 extensions on the system.
OK Thanks, I'm about to add it to 202.

I'll report back soon.
Posted By: fone32 Re: Samsung KPDCS Daughter Board Connection - 09/05/07 10:11 AM
Check for bent pins on the module.
techs bend them all the time
Hi Everyone
Thanks for your help so far.
I have tried all that has been said but unfortunately the keyset doesn't go live when connected to the daughter board, it sounds like the board might be dead as I have tried the keyset on another one and works fine and I have connected the phone from the one that works and it doesn't go live.
Any ideas, or just send it back
Thanks
Graham
Send it back!
Why are you using daughterboards anyway? Is the system full or is there a lack of cabling?
Its already on its way back, thanks

I decided on daughter boards because of the manouverability between offices, as we are a developing company, they seem more versatile that putting in an extra line when extra staff are required temporarily in different areas, with a system that only contains 14 internal lines and sometimes only one feed per office it seemed the better solution.

A more permanent line is an option later.

But thanks for the help, its much appreciated.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help