atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brianh Samsung Info Needed - 09/18/07 08:58 AM
To make a long story short, the person that maintained our switch and voice mail was terminated. It was ugly.

I have been tasked with getting in our switch and voice mail to maintain it. 1st task was was to access the terminated person's voice mail password. I have managed to get the password.

I have SVMi-4 I believe. I have attached a PC to the box with a serial cable. Configured HyperTeminal on a Win 98 laptop at 9.6 8-N-1 with no xoff-xon. I have ANSI emulation, and in ASCII setup, I turned off Wrap Lines. I was able to access admin functions, and get the password I needed. But, the screen I am getting is not pretty, and hard to read and get the graphics. How can I tweak my Hyperterminal setup.

Then, several more simple questions.

How can I find the exact switch and voice mail systems I have.

Once I get that info, I need user manuals, admin manuals, and programming manuals, plus handset manuals. We have nothing at all on site.

Once I have some documentation.

How do I do a backup of the hard drive in the switch.

Then, I want to do some programming changes in the switch.

I am a server admin/network type person with 26 years experience. I know just a little about swithces and voice mail. But, I have done some programming. So I may ask some programming
questions also.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Samsung Info Needed - 09/18/07 09:23 AM
First Brian welcome to the forum.

Have you read the sticky's at the top of the Samsung forum yet? here is the link

To answer your questions the system name and type is on the cover you removed. The voicemail type was in the header in hyperterminal. You can access manuals by purchasing them from any of the links here

Try vt100 in the terminal set up and see if it clears up.

Backing up the hard drive? I guess this will depend on the system and version of software you have.

Last but not least, only questions that are admin or user guide related can be answered in the open forum. If they go beyond that they will have to be handled in private via email or the PM feature.

I hope you find this site and the very experienced techs that post here useful.
Posted By: WalkerTexasRanger Re: Samsung Info Needed - 09/18/07 08:51 PM
Hi.

Sounds like you have a messy situation on your hands and could really use some help.

I can try to help you.

Please let me know what manuals you need or what you need change in the programming and I will tell you how to do it. Do you need programming software also? It will let you program via your PC as well as make backup of your entire phone system.

Are you able to get to that point yet? Please let me know.

Thanks

Edited for mmc's above the user/admin level.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help