atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TELCOM SVMI 16E - 09/19/07 05:14 PM
Anyone have any issues with this voicemail. We have a site that has it with 8 ports active. Somewhat busy system. 2 problems.

1. During monthly maint. system does not come back up. Must be manually rebooted.

2. About 10 to 15 days after monthly maint. system locks up and must be rebooted.

There are no errors shown in the 500r2 nor the voicemail It just stops processing.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: wake Re: SVMI 16E - 09/20/07 07:21 AM
You can set the monthly maint to not reboot which will solve the manual reboot problem. Are they having any power outages during the month? Does the system have a battery backup? Sounds like a RMA.
Posted By: Samsung Tech NZ Re: SVMI 16E - 10/06/07 07:17 PM
Yes, I have this same problem on 2 sites, one is a OS 7200 and other is a OS 500 with a SVMi-8, on the 1st of each month during maint it is meant to do a reboot but does not startup after doing this reboot. I was told by Samsung Tech Support not to disable the monthly maint but now can not remember why sorry. I would be interested to know how you got on with this.
Posted By: Rowlettdon Re: SVMI 16E - 10/07/07 07:18 AM
I agree with WAKE. I have been told the same. That procedure was a carry-over from the development days for the SVMI. It is not needed. I normally turn off the few sites that lock up but when I am on site I will check for error files in the voicemail and then run a "maint" before I leave. Chances are that if you replace the voicemail, you might get that same kind of problem again since they just recycle the voicemails at Samsung. As far as I know, there is not a fix.
Posted By: phonman123 Re: SVMI 16E - 10/07/07 05:48 PM
Had the same problem. System stopped on 8/ 29 then again 3 weeks later. It has alot on it, so I did the back up and uploaded to a new hard drive. After 4 hours and 4 calls to Tech Support it is up. Not working the way I would like, but time will tell.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help