atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: frontier OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/05/07 07:07 AM
Hi, does anyone know if the OfficeServ 500 can do Barge In?

In the OfficeServ manager, I can set 206 Barge In Type. But if I go to 722 Station Key Programming, I cannot add a BARGE key. BARGE is just not in the feature list.

Searching on the web, everywhere I read it looks like the OS500 has barge capability.. yet the tech who installed it always said it couldn't do it.. but I don't know if that is not just because we didn't pay for it an an extra. (ie. he would just flip a dip switch to enable it if we did - I wasn't around when the thing was bought)

Thanks.
Posted By: benb Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/05/07 07:39 AM
You really don't need a key for barging. It is a soft key option that will appear when the station is busy (only on an outside call). There is though a programable barge in key simply BARGE in MMC programming. And yes the 500 can do barge in. The COS settings need to be set up correctly (technician level programming) and so does the station COS (technician level) for it to work. There is also a setting for barging with or without tone. The only reason I could see it wouldn't work is if the AU version of the 500 operating system left that out for some reason. Here in the US it exists in all Samsung systems as a feature.
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/05/07 08:00 AM
The barge in facility can be accessed through the on screen options.

When you have dialled the extension number and get engaged tone, press the scroll key and the option for Barge should appear.

(This will only work if your tech has set up class of service for barge)
Posted By: benb Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/05/07 09:24 AM
Pretty much what I said.
Posted By: Rowlettdon Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/06/07 11:35 AM
Just don't forget the CRC needs to be set at 0 and DON'T press the mute key. Mute is automatic
Posted By: frontier Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/09/07 05:18 PM
Thanks guys, I'll give it a go.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/12/07 11:15 AM
Originally posted by benb:
Pretty much what I said.
But he had a better accent.
Posted By: TelephoneSystemsDirect Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/12/07 03:59 PM
One question, if the extension you want to dial has busy/no answer set to forward to VM how do you barge that station?
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 10/12/07 05:05 PM
You dont. You must have a busy response from the station to barge.
Posted By: EMS_Dom Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 03/13/08 01:20 PM
How do you disable an extension from being barged in on?
Posted By: WRichey Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 03/13/08 01:36 PM
Change the class of service for the phones you dont want barging or barged in on.
Posted By: ctiuser Re: OfficeServ 500 & Barge In - 03/13/08 05:08 PM
I can confirm that the Australian software does support the "barge in" feature, and all of the above advice applies to Australia too.

Beware however, that "Silent Barge in" (ie without the tone) is not legal in Australia unless you play a "This call may be recorded/monitored meesage" at the start of the call.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help