atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EdHunter SVMI in OS100 - 10/24/07 10:25 AM
Hi there.

I have two questions.

First one, what can I do with the trunk disconnect?, I mean, I have analog trunks and when the caller hangs up, I recive in my voicemail the error tone and trunk still busy.

Second one, It is possible to download the records from the SVMi to PC.?

thanks
Posted By: benb Re: SVMI in OS100 - 10/24/07 11:20 AM
Check the lines for a drop in loop current when the remote party hangs up. This may be why the system is holding it open.

Second question, yes you can.
Posted By: EdHunter Re: SVMI in OS100 - 10/25/07 06:14 PM
Thanks for your help.

But I need you to be more specific. How can I check those lines for a drop in, it´s there any MMC where I can set this up, if it is, which one?

Second, I can do it, can you explain me, how can I do it?.

thanks
Posted By: WRichey Re: SVMI in OS100 - 10/25/07 07:23 PM
First Ed there is no mmc for current checking. You need a volt/ohm meter and need to connect it to the lines themselfs.

Second it depends on the voicemail type and records you request. What exactly (every detail) is the the voicemail. eg: size = 4,4e,8 or 8e. Type of storage = HDD or flash. Records = call handling logs, error logs, activity logs or mail box logs. Or just a back up of the mail boxes and configuration.

There are sooo many questions before we can answer anything with a solution.
Posted By: EdHunter Re: SVMI in OS100 - 10/26/07 08:38 AM
Ok, I don´t know if you mean to reverse polarity in the line, if you mean that, let me tell you that I do not have that, the carrier do not send me that reverse.

About the SVMi it´s a 4 and has HDD, I want to back up basiclly Call handling and mail boxes.

Thanks again for your help.
Posted By: WRichey Re: SVMI in OS100 - 10/26/07 12:18 PM
No what I ment was you need a voltage tester to test the line for drop current like Ben said.

The SVMI4 does not have a hard drive its a flash drive. To back it up you need to remove it and put it into a card reader. Then copy the "dta, mbx and msg folders" to youre hard drive.

IN NO EVENT SHALL SUNDANCE COMMUNICATIONS, IT’S OFFICERS OR PARTICIPANT'S HERE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS BY CUSTOMER OF BUSINESS, REVENUES OR GOODWILL), ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS ADVISE.
Posted By: EdHunter Re: SVMI in OS100 - 10/29/07 07:58 AM
You are rigth, my mistake.

I have the back up, now. It is possible convert those records to wav or something and hear it in the PC?, if it is possible, how?

Thanks Again.

Regards,

Ed
Posted By: benb Re: SVMI in OS100 - 10/29/07 08:24 AM
Don't forget to back up any custom propmt recordings you made as well in the PMT directory on top of what Wrichey said to back up. If you are using the files simply as a back up why do you need to convert them? If you change the file type they will be useless as back up files. Why not get a dealer involved to help you sort out your disconnect problems and show you how to properly back up the svmi? There is a procedure that should be followed when pulling the flash card out of the svmi to prevent data corruption. A certified tech. should be able to help you with both issues. BTW the recordings are VOX and in the manual it tells you what format the VOX files are in so you can convert other file types to svmi compatible recordings. You would just need to do it reverse to make them wav. I would make copies though first.
Posted By: EdHunter Re: SVMI in OS100 - 11/14/07 01:31 PM
Hello there. It´s me again.

I have been doing test. I backed up the data.

But I still having problems whit the disconnect.

I checked the volts in the line, I have 48v, when I recive the call the volts drop and when the caller hanged still the vols drop and in the stantion I hear a kind of busy tone.

I was looking in the SMVi in the Port Block I saw there it´s a Disconnect Signal, I tried with all of them, but no one works. I wonder if you can help me, I think that the problem could be resolved if I set the disconnect signal with a cadence 250 250 250 250.

thanks again for all your comments.

by the way, I am an installer in Mexico, but I don´t have training I just have the Manual, but in the manual there´s nothing about the Port Block.

Thanks

Ed
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: SVMI in OS100 - 11/14/07 01:59 PM
Try altering CO SUPV (different milliseconds for various countries but experimenting should help) and reduce the NO RING timer to 1 sec.
Posted By: EdHunter Re: SVMI in OS100 - 11/14/07 03:23 PM
Ok, I will try this.

BTW I also checked the current and this one did not drop in.

regards
Posted By: Pete Largo Re: SVMI in OS100 - 11/14/07 05:10 PM
Disconnect supervision is evidenced by a drop in loop current voltage on the CO line when the other party hangs up the phone on their end.

An easy way to test this is to use a test set directly on the CO line with a volt meter set to DC volts and call your cell phone.
Hang up your cell phone but do not hang up the test set.
If disconnect supervision is enabled on the CO line you will see the loop current drop from 10v to 0v and then back to 10v until you hang up the test phone at which point the current will go to 48v.

Try it a few times and try it on every CO line to make sure the telco didn't miss any.

If disconnect supervision is present on the CO lines then you need to make sure that your SVMi is set to accept it in the PORT block under SAMSUNG IN-SKIN

I've probably said too much already since this is technician level stuff which we aren't supposed to post on the open forums so I won't go into details on how to check the settings in the SVMi.

Mods - if I overstepped my bounds here please edit this post.
Posted By: WRichey Re: SVMI in OS100 - 11/14/07 09:20 PM
You are good to go Pete thanks for asking. :thumb:
Posted By: EdHunter Re: SVMI in OS100 - 11/15/07 09:25 AM
I checked this, but I don´t have the disconnect supervision enable in my CO lines.

I made the test, but the loop current did not drop, still in 10v didn´t change a bit, remain in 10v always.

Is ther another way to do this disconnect?, maybe with the tone cadence or something like that.

Thanks
Posted By: Pete Largo Re: SVMI in OS100 - 11/15/07 02:12 PM
You might set the SVMi to disconnect on silence, I've never tried it though.

Can you call the telco and add disconnect supervision? It should be working by default, but maybe you are in an area that it must be requested...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help