atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: samsunghelp Couple Wireless SMT5100 Questions - 11/02/07 10:56 AM
1. What type of headset jack is that the SMT5100 uses. I have found the headset that comes witht he phone to be quite poor and I am hoping that it is not a proprietary jack or at least a converter of some type exists.

2. How in the world can you retrieve a call placed on hold from a standard desk phone on the SMT5100? Simply typing the line number like you would do to access the outside line gives an already in use message.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Couple Wireless SMT5100 Questions - 11/02/07 01:23 PM
2. go off hook and dial 12+ ext# to pull a call off of hold from the station that put it there.

1. The headsets are just headsets. The difference is the "blade" plug at the end. They look to be the same as the Samsung cell phone connectors but I am not positive.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Couple Wireless SMT5100 Questions - 11/04/07 05:50 PM
Any TEN PIN adapter will work, you can find them at Radio-Shack and on-line. Once you have the adapter, any corded earbud will work.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Couple Wireless SMT5100 Questions - 11/04/07 05:55 PM
Here's a link to one of the various adapters...

https://www.awswireless.com/store/samsung-AET104VBAB.html
Posted By: WRichey Re: Couple Wireless SMT5100 Questions - 11/05/07 04:42 AM
I stand corrected on the adaptor :toast: aok
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Couple Wireless SMT5100 Questions - 11/05/07 08:19 AM
I didn't know about the adapters until last week. We had a Samsung Tech on site and we were talking about the poor quality of the earbuds included with the wireless phones and he told us about the adapters.

I haven't tried any of them yet, but he said they would work and after looking at the connector it seems like it should work.
Posted By: samsunghelp Re: Couple Wireless SMT5100 Questions - 11/05/07 09:42 AM
Thanks guys.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help