atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bob La Londe OS 100 R2 - Configuration confusion - 01/22/08 11:11 AM
I recently took aand passed the OS100 and OS500 certification courses. I commented to myself and others that it was really IMO an overview course and nt all that useful int he real world of installing and programming the iDCS OS systems. Now that I am in the process of installing one I think my original assessment was correct.

I am running into some confusion with programming. The programming MMC seems to be easy enough to understand, but the system does not appear to be easily configurable to do what I want. I want to set it up to operate like a basic key system with line buttons the same on all phones, and programmable buttons programmed to connect to or forward to various extensions.

I have two operator stations with 64 buttom AOMs. 201/202 and 203/204. I would like to program 201 to ring on co lines 1-3 and 203 to ring on co lines 4-5. I'ld like co line 6 to ring on both. I would like every phone on the system (except one on an SLI line) to ring if the operators do not answer their lines quickly.

I would like all 6 co lines to have assigned line buttons assigned the same on all the key phones so they can see line status, and select the lines for outgoing calls, incoming calls, or to pick up calls on hold.

There are refferences to line buttons in the user manuals, but it is not clear how to program what I want in the programming refference manual.

As a side note. The door phone with DPIM was noisy and very low volume both ways, but worked. Wiring is new and within specs. Is this normal? In order to finish the job I have gone with an external doorphone interface that I have great confidence in, but it would be nice to use all standard extension features and programming in the future.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: OS 100 R2 - Configuration confusion - 01/22/08 11:27 AM
Bob, welcome to Sundance Tech-Talk. welcome

Your request for assistance is way beyond what we provide in the open forum. You may request this assistance via PM to any moderator or administrator. We request that information in the open forum be limited to end-user questions and programming. Thanks for your understanding.
PM sent.
Posted By: Bob La Londe Re: OS 100 R2 - Configuration confusion - 01/22/08 02:34 PM
No problem. Thanks for the PM help.
Posted By: Pete Largo Re: OS 100 R2 - Configuration confusion - 01/22/08 05:19 PM
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help