atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: zephcom Trunk answer issue - 04/13/08 11:58 AM
We have had two OS-100 machines develop an issue with answering a trunk. The trunks are directly connected to the phones with the dt button. The call rings in and if it is answered immediately, the system doesn't connect the caller. There is a slight delay. (Usually just enough time for the answerer to say, "Thank you for calling xyz, this is.....)

We've changed out the trunk card and moved it in the cabinet. In the first case we discovered that if you turned on CID the time period that the trunk was held open expired and the staff could answer the calls as quickly as the ring came in. The owner liked the idea of CID so that resolved the issue as far as making the system work for him.

The second system is a new install and I don't think the owner is going to go for the CID resolution.

Besides, we really should know what the issue is and how to fix it. And, before you ask, no. We haven't contacted Samsung support. That is usually the place I go when I absolutely can't resolve something myself. It is probably only me, but I don't find them 'user friendly'.
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/13/08 08:51 PM
PM sent
Posted By: SooprmanX Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/13/08 09:58 PM
I know a fix for that. If you don't get it figured out, PM me.
Posted By: Cracker Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/16/08 03:58 AM
Just set the trunks as normal trunks. The system is waiting for the cid info so there is a delay between the caller and the answering party.
Posted By: zephcom Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/16/08 07:14 AM
The trunks are set to normal trunks. I'm working a solution provided by a PM message. If that works it means that there is an issue with one version of software that mimics having the trunks set for CID.

But you are right, having the trunks set wrong will provide problems too.
Posted By: fone32 Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/24/08 06:30 PM
Well How about sharing ???
Posted By: WRichey Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/24/08 07:31 PM
PM sent to fone32
Posted By: phonman123 Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/25/08 06:43 PM
You might have a software issue. What version software do you have?
Posted By: zephcom Re: Trunk answer issue - 04/25/08 07:50 PM
It was a software issue. We got it resolved thanks to the help of Vernon Telecom and his PM.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help