atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JOHNNYV RESETTING A CADENCE V-MAIL WITH A IDCS 100 - 04/30/08 03:37 PM
I have a cadence v-mail system thats in a idcs 100 and i can not figure out how to programm it to work. I defaulted the idcs because no on had the password and i need to do the same with the mail. Is there a back-door into this system if no how do i default it? and what settings in the idcs 100 do i have to set. Thanks
How are you trying to get into it? Phone or straight through DB9 cable on a Computer? Paige is a pretty much VM guru and says you can get into it via computer but doesn't have a back door via phone programming.

As these go away in favor of newer 7000 series systems, only the old farts remember this stuff.
Im going threw the db9 and it says the system did not shut down properly after entering the password. What else do i need to do to make sure all the vm ext are programmed into the idcs correctly? PLEASE send a pm if you know this. Thanks
Am I missing something here? A cadence doesn't work in an i100 does it? Sure this isn't an SMMi4?
I dont recall a Cadence with "improper shut down" either.

It will work in the exp cab of the 100 but no place else
When it boots up it says its a smmi4 but on the bottom of the card it says cadence? And it is in the exp cabinet last slot.
Sorry i need to check my eyes. Its a svmi 8 in a cadence shell. I tried all passwords from the guys who installed it and still no luck. Thanks for you help.
When you boot it, you have the choice of starting the voice mail or go to the dos prompt.

Please do not post default proceedures in the open forum. You may sent a PM.
option 3 says to boot from shell is that it?
Yes, shell = dos or 'dos shell'
Thanks for all your help. Im going to try and see if that works. Ill Let you Know.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help