atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Paul L Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/24/08 09:12 AM
My customer doesn't change the password on any of the phones. That's so they can get into any phone's mailbox if needed. Had an employee leave and thier phone was taken over by another person. That person went in and changed the greeting. When an outside caller enters that ext.# they get the new person's greeting and then the ext. itself starts to ring. After about 4 rings the caller then gets the person's greeting that use to have that ext. I went in and found the greeting under the no answer greetings as #1. I have tried to delete the greeting, I have tried to re-record the greeting.
Nothing seems to make the old greeting go away. Can anyone help me?
Posted By: WRichey Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/24/08 09:35 AM
what is the voicemail? Cadence or SVMI or ???
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/25/08 06:00 AM
It sounds like the new person might have recorded their new greeting where their name is supposed to be recorded. Don't laugh... we had it happen at a site where the customer was complaining about problems with the VM.
Posted By: Paul L Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/25/08 07:43 AM
Okay....That makes sense about the person recording the greeting where the name was suppose to be. What about the greeting from the old employee that's in the no answer greeting #1 that I can get rid of. Any suggestions there? I'm obviously not that familiar with this voice mail but why 9 different no answer greetings if I can ask?

Paul
Posted By: bmreen Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/25/08 07:22 PM
Be sure to press # key after doing the recording orther wise new one will not replace the old one
Posted By: WRichey Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/26/08 06:00 AM
Paul everything can be re-recorded. As for the 9 possible greetings, well it's a feature that a few dealers asked for and of course they provided them to us.

To remove the 9 greetings ability you are going to have to log into the voicemail and manipulate the eclass and extension blocks. that of course is ASSUMING the voicemail you have is an svmie
Posted By: fone32 Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/28/08 06:31 AM
If this a SVMi 4e,8e 0r 16 e, check to see if someone
recorded the MAILBOX greeting instead of the No answer greeting (greeting number1)
i get this problem all the time.

Dennis
Posted By: MJRosko Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 07/31/08 11:10 AM
I had something like this happen. Come to find out the customer had not been pressing # at the end to save the greeting. If you don't press # the greeting is not saved but you can still replay after recording it with out saving it. Try that.
Posted By: Cracker Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 08/01/08 02:45 AM
Make sure they use option 3 to delete and re-record the message also. A lot of people try to use option 2 to continue recording. Press # to save the file.
Posted By: tcbjr1805 Re: Samsung DCS Mailbox Greeting - 08/01/08 05:58 AM
Paul L, If you are wanting to get back to the default greetings, try deleting the subscriber and then adding back from the subscriber list.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help