atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Noisycow Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 03:40 PM
Is there a better way to mount a 7200 flush to a wall other than using the tin can flat wall mount kit that comes with the 7100?

Does the new 7100 heavy duty flange-type kit work on the 7200? <Edit: No, tried that>

No rack mount in a skinny closet, no other options ...

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Posted By: TELCOM Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 04:14 PM
Order and use the tin can flat wall mount kit for the 7200 that looks just like the 7100 wall mount kit. :rofl:
Posted By: Noisycow Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 05:49 PM
It is exactly the same one isn't it?

The tin plate can be reinforced a little with some industrial velcro on the backside.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 05:52 PM
Get a piece of flat metal 48"L by 1"W 1/8" thick. Change out the screws for the "tin can" with some that are 1/8" longer. Cut the strap in half tap holes in it to match the mounting screw positions (twice). Drill a hole at each end of both straps. Mount to wall with correct anchors.
Posted By: FONEFXR Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 07:18 PM
I like to take a 4 inch D Ring and push it up tight and flush to the cabinet on the side that lifts off the tin can wall mounting plate. This stiffens it up nicely and you wont get the movement or rattling like when it’s free standing.
Posted By: Noisycow Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 08:26 PM
We love Samsung more everyday, but to have to build your own wall kit or jury-rig something??

Oh well. Obviously it was designed to be put in a rack, so I guess we'll live with it. Enough people must have complained about the tin plate for the 7100 that they came up with the HD angle brackets instead. Hopefully they'll do something for the 7200 also. At least we aren't wall mounting a 7400.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 08:39 PM
If you have a product that truly isn't working for you, you should contact Refurb Supplies. They have custom-made some modular wall mounts for other systems that are mighty impressive. One that they made for Nortel even has a built-in level.

These folks aren't shy about making anything we ask them to make. Perhaps a moderator here should contact Matt Hyndmann at 866-789-5656. I'm not kidding when I say that if you need it, they can make it. It will probably be of higher-quality and lower cost than original factory equipment too. They may already have something available, so check out their web site at www.RefurbSupplies.com to view their current offerings.
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 08:53 PM
I"ve used vertical 19" rack's where the equipment hangs in the mount like a map/blue print hanger. Means the switch hangs with the connectors facing up, hasnt been a problem for our installs, other than i guess dust getting in the connectors.
I wouldnt use it for a 7400, the rack mount brackets for the 7400 are not meant to hold that much weight in that direction (vertical instead of horizontal).
Posted By: Noisycow Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/15/08 09:09 PM
Thought about that - won't work. The 7200 rack rails only provide sufficient support for a horizontal installation.
Maybe I am being too simplistic here, but could you not go to your local hardware store where they sell thin iron bar, maybe 1/8" x 1 inch by 24 inches and drill two holes for the screws to the cabinet on each side and one hole top and bottom?

Two screws hold the cabinet to each iron bar, two screws top and bottom on each bar hold the cabinet to the wall.

Am I missing something or would five dollars of iron and four minutes of drilling be too much work?
Posted By: Noisycow Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/16/08 01:18 AM
That's exactly what Wrichey suggested, and I agree, however it is just silly that there isn't a solid wall kit available from Samsung.
Posted By: phonman123 Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/16/08 04:41 AM
Or how about the way they mounted the 616?
I've mounted loads of 72's and 71's with the bracket in the pic and never had any trouble. It does say on the side its a WMB for a 7200 but is fine on the 7100.
Sorry from non-observant old hippty hopping bunnie, I didn't see richy's post and duplicated it.

I feel really dumb about that, sorry.

Sometimes you have a great idea and others have beat you to it. I just would have bought two 24" instead of cutting it, I hate hacksawing, something always slips and I get a slice out of my hand.

You could of course counter sink the screws so they mount flush to the wall.

While we are on 7200s, we just cut a system that the IT guy wired and mounted so it was close to the floor and obviously wouldn't fall far in an earthquake.

It was so nice of him to lie down on the floor and turn the power on and off when we had to pull cards.

Should we have a vote on how many people think it is a wonderful idea to put the power switch on the back of a rack mounted 7200?

Just what percentage of the time is it reasonably easy to get behind the rack?

I rest my case. DUH!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/17/08 08:28 PM
This maybe a little off of the subject - But I would like to know if there are any "suitable" wall mount kits for 21B phones, I can't beleive that I have to modify all of the wall mount brackets for these phones, has anyone come across a better way.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Wall mounting a 7200 securely - 10/18/08 10:29 AM
Ironhedz:

This post was just revived a few days ago on you exact request Here
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help