atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have a 7100 where the customer's data guy is trying to set up rmat. He can set up TCP port 23 fine, but not 443. When he attempts to set up 443 TCP, the router locks up and must be reset.

Is there a way to set up another port?
What's rmat?

As far as changing the port, if you are talking about getting remote access through a web browser, you'll need port 443 because that is the port for https.
Sorry, RMAT is remote maintenance.

I guess it will be up to the customer to get the router working correctly or replace it.
RMAT is an acronym from the Bell System Dimension PBX days and stands for Remote Maintenance & Administration Terminal.
yeah I remember that, I was the lead tech. at the Los Angeles rmats center from startup to close up.
Which was a great job!!!! We were open 24/7 covered from the San Diego area to Seattle and west to Nevada and Az. after hours.
We have been having a problem with a 7100 and I got a PM saying that they had problems with Linkysys and some other routers.

After hours your IT person might try with a different router and just the 7100 to see if the same thing occurs.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help